Re: 4 mos excited about what goes in my mouth...
It is normal for them to be interested in what you are doing- no matter what you are doing. And pretty much anything they are playing with at that point is likely to go in their mouth, so it's definitely not surprising that hes showing an interest. Try giving him a plastic baby spoon and a bowl or something to play with so he can mimic what you are doing and feel included in mealtimes. Keep in mind that showing an interest in food is only one of several indicators of readiness and it's best to have all of them in place before starting solids.
Here are the other signs (from this article):
So you've clearly got that last one down!
* Baby can sit up well without support.
* Baby has lost the tongue-thrust reflex and does not automatically push solids out of his mouth with his tongue.
* Baby is ready and willing to chew.
* Baby is developing a “pincer” grasp, where he picks up food or other objects between thumb and forefinger. Using the fingers and scraping the food into the palm of the hand (palmar grasp) does not substitute for pincer grasp development.
* Baby is eager to participate in mealtime and may try to grab food and put it in his mouth.
“We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”