Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yogurt

Default Yogurt

At what age can you introduce yogurt?
    Angie
    Mom to DD "pumpkin" 8/8/05
    and DS " Mr. Crabby Pants" 6/6/09

Default Re: Yogurt

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipYogurt.htm is a link that i started going to i think others were posting it on here, i really like it, look here and see!
    Amy~
    first time mommy, 2-15-09 to my lil bambina from then til ?, done with pumping!!

My doc had told me 9 months and she LOVES the yobaby vanilla banana packs. I may have started a little earlier, but at 16 months she still loves and other flavors now too!
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

my baby food book said yogurt is a great first food, so around 6 months. don't buy flavored yogurt or lowfat or nonfat. you can add fruits or veggies that your LO has had before if you want to spruce it up.

i gave DS yogurt a couple of weeks ago. he loved it, but it gave him a little tummy trouble, so we are going to wait on giving it again until he's a bit older. but i am slightly lactose intolerant, so he may have some of that too.

gotta go -- DS is trying to eat my face!
    Ham-Holder, SAHM to Elliott, 07/12/2009
    , , , and now cloth diapering
    loving it when baby to me!
    http://mommasdinner.blogspot.com/

I'm confused with yogurt... I thought you were supposed to wait until 1 yr to introduce dairy products, but is yogurt an exception b/c it is cultured? I'd really like to try it with my 6 mo old sounds yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*logansmama View Post
    I'm confused with yogurt... I thought you were supposed to wait until 1 yr to introduce dairy products, but is yogurt an exception b/c it is cultured? I'd really like to try it with my 6 mo old sounds yummy!
    This is the information I found online and thats why I posted this question. I remember giving yogurt to my daughter when she was 7 months old and she loved it. My LO is 8 months so I think i'm going to try it. Thanks ladies!
    Angie
    Mom to DD "pumpkin" 8/8/05
    and DS " Mr. Crabby Pants" 6/6/09

pp posted a link explaining why yogurt is ok. apparently even cow's milk isn't "bad" for them, but docs worry that parents will switch them to cow's milk and off formula too early. so, i guess, too much would be bad, but a little is ok. plus, the way yogurt is processed breaks down some of the stuff that can be difficult for sensitive bellies. i know i can have cheese, but not milk, so this made sense to me.

the link above explains better.
    Ham-Holder, SAHM to Elliott, 07/12/2009
    , , , and now cloth diapering
    loving it when baby to me!
    http://mommasdinner.blogspot.com/

I plan to make my own. It looks fairly easy and you can use your crock pot or bread maker (or the stove). We haven't tried it yet but will soon.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

with PP. Just be a smidgey careful. Dairy is still difficult to digest. Even without a sensitivity to it. *I'd* go slow and ease em into it.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

I started my little guy on yogurt right after 8 months and he LOVES it! Probably his favorite food. We usually do plain whole organic - sometimes mixed w/ fruit, but usually plain. I have bought the flavored ones which are yummy, but only give these in small amounts as special treats. Lots of sugar in those for a little person. that the wholesome baby food website is great! Just wish I actually had time to make the recipes.....
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !