Default Re: Could you please add to our "menu?"

sssssdd

im a SAHM of my prince who is 10mo
    married my love on 5/30/08
    we & &
    & every minute of it!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juliet1 View Post
    She won't drink from a sippy cup or straw. I tried the straw the other day and she didn't know what to do with it
    Here's how I taught my DD how to drink out of a straw... I used a regular sized straw, and trapped some liquid in the bottom of it by holding my finger on the top of the straw, kwim? Then I let her "suck" the liquid out of the bottom of the straw. After doing that a few times, she finally caught on that sucking on the straw would get some liquid in her mouth.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Juliet! My lil DIL is light years ahead of Silas! So you know I have no suggestions. I just wanted to add that I the new avi pic. What a beauty! Sorry over
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommaefvie View Post
    careful with the celery! DS loved to chew on cold celery sticks -- great teether, i thought -- until he choked on a string. freaked me OUT.
    I just pulled the strings out
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

watermelon, cantelope, avocado, honeydew, banana are all great starter foods if you want to try some whole fruits!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

I liked this website

http://weelicious.com/category/recipes-6-9-months/

But the website has so much more than baby food recipes. It has toddler and big kid recipes and links to other sites. It's full of great advice and I've served many of these recipes to my whole family and we all liked them.

Don't be afraid to make baby food for your baby. If you follow all the basic rules of food making like you surely do for yourself then the food will be plenty safe for baby to eat. Plus you can offer more variety and flavors.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buff24 View Post
    Here's how I taught my DD how to drink out of a straw... I used a regular sized straw, and trapped some liquid in the bottom of it by holding my finger on the top of the straw, kwim? Then I let her "suck" the liquid out of the bottom of the straw. After doing that a few times, she finally caught on that sucking on the straw would get some liquid in her mouth.
    I feel dumb! I just put a regular straw in her mouth to see if she would "get it" no wonder she looked at me like I was weird!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    Juliet! My lil DIL is light years ahead of Silas! So you know I have no suggestions. I just wanted to add that I the new avi pic. What a beauty! Sorry over
    Thanks Colleen!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*pigpen777 View Post
    watermelon, cantelope, avocado, honeydew, banana are all great starter foods if you want to try some whole fruits!
    I LOVE all of these, but DH is mildly allergic to 'melons' (not those! ), should I worry?
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juliet1 View Post

I LOVE all of these, but DH is mildly allergic to 'melons' (not those! ), should I worry?
    if it makes you nervous then maybe hold off on the honeydew and cantelope. if it was me "I" would introduce them, but just keep an eye out. make sure you relax and have fun, this is a neat step for your lo and it can be really fun!!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*pigpen777 View Post
    if it makes you nervous then maybe hold off on the honeydew and cantelope. if it was me "I" would introduce them, but just keep an eye out. make sure you relax and have fun, this is a neat step for your lo and it can be really fun!!
    I'll try them I have a feeling she'll be ok. If not, like you said, I'll be watching for any symptoms We get her highchair delivered this week (long story), so I'm very excited
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...