Re: pumping not as effective
Not all moms produce huge amounts of milk when pumping. The amount you produce depends on:
- How old your baby is (moms of very young babies often have some degree of excess supply)
- What sort of pump you have (manual vs. electric, new vs. old)
- When you pump (time of day makes a huge difference, as does the amount of time it's been since last you nursed)
- How you respond to the pump (not all moms respond well to the pump)
- How long you've been pumping (some moms pump more with time, some less)
2 oz is actually not a bad amount to be pumping, so what you describe doesn't sound like low milk production to me, particularly since your baby sounds like she's getting plenty when nursing. When you were pumping a whole bottle from each breast (like 4-5 oz, right?), that actually sounds like a huge amount of excess supply.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"