Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New Daycare Routine???

Default New Daycare Routine???

Let me premise this by saying I have been an EP since my son was 6 weeks old.
    Before I started back to work my son was eating everyone 2 - 3 hours, 4 - 4.5oz at a time, about 7 feedings a day, and was sleeping from 10:30pm - 6:00am. For a total of about 32 - 34 oz. I know this seems like a bunch but I even stop him after 4 oz, he would eat more. He is 14weeks and 13lbs, he was 5lbs 15oz at birth. He is a very active baby and has been ahead on stability and movement according to our pediatrician.

When I started daycare she said he was old enough to start a 3 - 4 hours schedule. Now he is eating 5 times a day. When I feed him he eats between 6 and 7 oz and 8 oz the 2 times he feeds at daycare. (She believes on feeding him on demand and that he will indicate when he is done). He does not spit up at all and the times I feed him he would take more if I let him. He is still around the same amount of oz per day. Is this bad for a 3.5 month old?

Default Re: New Daycare Routine???

No advice really...but in comparison my little girl was 6lbs 5 oz and was only up to 9lbs 6 oz on the 13th at 10 weeks. She has 6 4.25 oz bottles per day (every 3 hours) and sleeps from 9:15 until 6:15. She just started daycare on Monday and has been doing fine. I think she'd eat more if I let her but she still spits up some on occasion so I haven't pushed her into eating more. I'm going to try to up her bottles again this weekend to 5 oz and see how she does with spitting it back at me.

I think she's just a lightweight!
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!