Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: EP'er Questions

Default EP'er Questions

Just curious:

How old is your LO?
    What is your pumping schedule?
    What Pump do you use?
    How much milk do you get in 24 hours?

I think my supply has evened out and I'm probably going to have to supplement as my LO eats more since I have a lazy left boob. Did anyone have their supply go up at any point?

12 weeks
    5:45 am, 11:00am, 4:00pm, 9:30pm
    Medela Pump N Style Advanced
    22-28 ounces per day
    Last edited by @llli*vtmtbkr; January 27th, 2010 at 10:13 AM.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Default Re: EP'er Questions

How old is your LO?
    She is one year old.
    6:00 am, 4:00 pm, 10:30 pm
    What Pump do you use?
    Medela Pump in Style Advanced Metro
    about 20-22 oz.

I used ot get 40 oz. in 24 hours when I was pumping every 4 to 5 hours around the clock. That was before I was back at work when my baby was 8 months old.

You will NOT have to supplement if you increase your schedule time and pump more. Remember, you're a supply and demand system/machine. I'm proof positive of that even after surgery, sickness, and going back to work. I even have uneven production between breasts (I think that is quite normal).

My supply would go up if I drank more water and got my rest and pumped in a timely fashion.

Good luck!

How old is your LO?
    He is 14 weeks.
    4:30am when I get up for work, 8:30am, 1:30pm (twice at work), 5:30pm, 9:00pm
    What Pump do you use?
    I am renting the Medela Symphony
    26 - 27oz

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*exclusivepumper View Post
    You will NOT have to supplement if you increase your schedule time and pump more. Remember, you're a supply and demand system/machine. I'm proof positive of that even after surgery, sickness, and going back to work. I even have uneven production between breasts (I think that is quite normal).

My supply would go up if I drank more water and got my rest and pumped in a timely fashion.
    to the above ideas

How old? 9 months
    Schedule: 5am, 1pm, 8pm
    How much? 22-26 oz
    My son loves solids and is not a big drinker at this point. He drinks about 24 oz/day so I am just keeping pace, but we have 3-4 weeks of a frozen stash.

At 3 months, I went back to work so dropped to pumping 5-6x/day. Before that I was still on a 3-4 hr or 7x/day schedule. I think that produced around 35oz/day and more than my LO drank. My 5-6x/day schedule was probably:
    4am and/or 5:45am, 11:30am, 4:30pm, 8pm, 2am
    ***I dropped the 4am time not too long after starting work and still got about the same production.

It gets better, I dropped to 4x/day around 6 months and then to 3x just a couple weeks ago. Hope this helps! Pumping is a lot of work, but worth it!
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !

Forgot the pump Q. I have a PISA that's convenient and good for toting to work and on travel. I also have a rented Symphony at home that I love since its "comfortable" and quick.
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !

Thanks for the responses!

This is my first week back at work with this 4x set schedule and I've actually seen my milk go up? From 24-25 ounces last week to a consistant 27-28 this week. I'm staying with the 4x per day schedule for now. I'll add in sessions on the weekends to see if that changes anything. My left produces half of my right and sure wish they were equal and I could freeze more. I only have 1 day's worth of dairy free freezer stash.

We're going to experiment with increasing her bottles to 5 oz this weekend and see how it goes.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!