Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Did teething effect your LO's appetite?

Default Did teething effect your LO's appetite?

I see the 8 month old LOs all decided to give us trouble from the other threads I've read

Anyhow, DD (you guessed it, 8 months old) just cut 2 bottom teeth a couple of days ago. The days before they cut through I noticed her appetite for solids changed. She wasn't interested at all. Then they cut through, she ate solids again for about 2 days like normal, and now we're back to the "uninterested" state. I think I see the OTHER 2 teeth (on each side of the ones that just came out) making their way very soon.
    Is this the normal pattern between teething and solids? Did your LOs refuse solids when they were cutting teeth?

And for those of you mamas that have BTDT, please don't tell me about the molars I've heard that those are a total PITA and am trying to not think about it
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned at 20 mths
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Default Re: Did teething effect your LO's appetite?

This has been my DD's pattern of late. She cut her two lower molars about a week ago and now it looks like her eye teeth are ready to pop through and she's not eating much. But she's nursing plenty!
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Si has never been big on solids. But his patterns definitely change when teething or sick. He BF's like CRAZY and wants nothing to do with solids. He actually yelled at me and threw banana to the floor last week so...
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    Si has never been big on solids. But his patterns definitely change when teething or sick. He BF's like CRAZY and wants nothing to do with solids. He actually yelled at me and threw banana to the floor last week so...
    yup I've noticed an attitude starting to emerge in DD, too. She'll push my hand out of the way if I'm reaching for something she's holding....and the begins...

She has been attached to my boob 24/7 but even then will fuss at it , but wants NOTHING to do with solids including her favorite, applesauce.
    I'm glad to hear this is pretty much a normal cycle then...oy!
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned at 20 mths
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...