Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How Long Does It Take???

Question How Long Does It Take???

...for blockfeeding to to change the green poos?

we're 2wks into the green poos (Lo will be one month tomorrow) and 2days into block feeding.

Alos, will green veggies casue the green poo?

TIA soo much!

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: How Long Does It Take???

Maybe you need to try doing longer blocks? Some women have to go up to 12 hours!

yikes! we're on 6 hour blocks right now. He's consistently had a bm jsu about every diaper... so far none fro the past 3!!! I'm hoping tat's a sign he's a bit fuller- longer. We'll see!

I was having the same problem when my son was three weeks old. What worked for me was adding a lot of Omega 3s to my diet (Olive oil, ground flax seeds, salmon) and taking fish oil supplements three times a day. I know it's frustrating. Hang in there!

It can take a couple weeks of block feeding for the green poos to go away. Does your baby seem to have an easier time at the breast? Do you hear deeper swallowing toward the end of the feeding (a sign that baby is getting hindmilk), or still a lot of gasping and choking? Is he more comfortable? Are your breasts starting to feel emptier after feeding? All these thing are signs that you are managing your supply well and that the block feeding is working.

Just as a side note, oversupply is not the only thing that causes green poos. Some babies are sensitive to foods in mother's diet. Cow's milk is the most common culprit, but there are others (check out the allergies board on this forum). It might be something you would want to look into.

Hang in there, mama. You're doing great.

Tiana

sorry for the silly question... but what is block feeding?

http://www.wiessinger.baka.com/bfing...e/gulping.html

I am new to blosk feeding but here's my understanding. Block feeding is nursing on one side for a period of time. It can be used to manage OALD, oversupply, colic and slow weight gain ( by emptying the breast you increase the ratio of hind milk to foremilk) I started block feeding for almost all those reasons. The other members of this forum have wonderful advice and an immense amount of experience they may be able to explain it a little better.