Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: almost...but not intentionally.....

Unhappy almost...but not intentionally.....

i will be the first one to stand up and admit that nursing has started to drive me batty at times because of the pregnancy. but, i have not denied dd completely rather i have just cut sessions short if it really starts to bother me. that's kinda the gist of how it's been going recently. i have no milk right now, so it's all for comfort anyway. so, last week when we were all sick she could only nurse for a couple seconds because she couldn't breathe and would become frustrated. this went on for days.
    it just occurred to me that she didn't ask to nurse at all today. it was a very sad recognition. i was actually beginning to come around to the idea of tandem nursing because she just didn't seem emotionally ready to stop like ds2 was. so i am sitting here right now having mixed emotions. the thought of having my breasts back to myself for a few weeks is appealing......but i don't think i am ready for this part of our relationship to be over.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Default Re: almost...but not intentionally.....

She might continue enough and then want to nurse again. Hard to say. Haylee went several months without nursing and then came back to it with a vengeance. I have no idea what will happen with Waylon. He still asks but is only allowed to nurse occasionally (3-4 times a day, down from 12-18 times a day when I was 12 weeks along). He doesn't nurse for long, though and I'm not sure the sucking is the same--it almost feels like he's nearly forgotten how. I almost didn't want to tandem again, but now that its almost a reality, I'm wishing we could. So we talk about it and I remind him there will be lots of milk once his sister is born, and they can share the nursies. And he seems excited about it, but we'll see.

Anyway, I can give you advice to keep her interested, if you want. Or not. Let me know.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

thanks erin, i think i just needed to throw myself a mini pity party. preggo hormones are raging! i brought her into my bed this morning for a snuggle and she immediately asked for her Bee. so we nursed for a while. i have noticed the same thing that you have with Waylon, the sucking is different. maybe it's because there isn't actually any milk there
    Lisa
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

That's how it went with Nora too. She just eventually stopped asking. But it went on for a few months where she'd nurse sporadically. to you and her. No matter how it happens I think it is always a hard transition.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

well, we managed to make it another year since i first posted this thread. now, KA is done. i am sad, but not as upset as i thought i would be. i think it is because SHE is ok with it. it was her decision. she says that there is no more milk in my boobies for her and that she is a big girl.
    so, our nursing relationship lasted 34 months, through a pregnancy, and on to tandem.
    i think that was a pretty good run!

i wanted to thank ya'll for guiding us through our journey. ya'll are amazing!!
    Lisa
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

That's awesome!!!! Way to go for nursing KA for so long and tandeming!

And can I just say... I read the first post in this thread and thought, "Lisa is pg again?!? When did I miss that?"
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*pigpen777 View Post
    well, we managed to make it another year since i first posted this thread. now, KA is done. i am sad, but not as upset as i thought i would be. i think it is because SHE is ok with it. it was her decision. she says that there is no more milk in my boobies for her and that she is a big girl.
    so, our nursing relationship lasted 34 months, through a pregnancy, and on to tandem.
    i think that was a pretty good run!

i wanted to thank ya'll for guiding us through our journey. ya'll are amazing!!:

But I must confess, I read your first post and thought HOLY MOLY SHE IS PREGNANT AGAIN!! SHE'S A MACHINE! Yowza.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Dude what the hell are you talking about? Your breasts back to yourself? Where's Paul? Doesn't he nurse? Are you Effing kidding me right now? Are you PREGNANT AGAIN? Are you about to have five Kids??? WTH??

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buff24 View Post
    That's awesome!!!! Way to go for nursing KA for so long and tandeming!

And can I just say... I read the first post in this thread and thought, "Lisa is pg again?!? When did I miss that?"
    Ha! Jinx!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...