Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a sign???

Default Is this a sign???

Geez I feel like I can't catch a break lately! I've been exclusivley pumping for my twins for 5 months, for the most part without problems, but lately it just seems to be one thing after another! Just before the holidays the motor in my PISA died, mid-pump, drove like a mad woman to get tp the pharmacy to rent one before it closed for the night. Then the rental pump died while we were out of town for the day, had to buy a manual pump to use with this other pump we rented for the day. Medela sends me a new motor and off we go again. Then this last weekend we're away from home again and my adapter dies, so I'm left with the battery pack only, which sucks back the batteries like lemonade on a hot day. I have an Ameda pump, which works ok, but I don't have the proper bottles and flanges for it, so while I can hook my hoses and flanges up to it, if any moisture gets into the hoses, I have to stop, dry them out before using them again. All this and I get a clogged duct added in and my supply is dwindling. I just feel so frustrated, all I want to do is feed my babies and it's one thing after another. Ok, maybe now that I have that all out I can focus better. Off to find an adapter, thanks for reading if you did!

Tara

Default Re: Is this a sign???

are you interested in trying to get your babies back to the breast to make it less stressful and not all about pumping?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Oh Mama. I am so sorry. How completely frustrating!

I had an awful two days when I was at work and forgot my pump and had to hit Walmart for a hand pump (I work 40 minutes from home and couldn't go back) then the next day I brought the pump but then didn't have storage bags OR bottles to collect in. Off to Walmart again and they didn't have the right flanges. So I drove to Target and then back to work only to find myself so behind and engorged that I wanted to cry. I know it's not the same but I just wanted you to know you are not alone. We all have days and sometimes multiple days in a row of frustration and I hope you are feeling better soon. Hang in there mama.

As far as is it a sign? I say, naw. Just a crappy couple a days.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

to you, Mama. 5 months of pumping is AWESOME! That poor PISA- there aren't that many pumps out there that get worked like that. You've earned a better tomorrow, that's for sure.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks ladies, I felt better getting it off my chest, lol. I know there's always someone who has it worse off, thanks for sharing your story!! I've felt that pain too!!

I would love to get my boys on the breast, but there is little to no support here, the lactation consultants I've seen at my hospital are rude and very un-helpful. My one son is tongue tied and my Dr won't fix it till he's a year, and my other little guy has never latched at all. I don't know if it's possible after so long. I have a deep freeze full of stored milk, my inital goal was to get to April, and have enough to get them to their birthday in August.

I'm going to order a new adapter tomorrow, as the one my dh found me, won't work for some reason. Thanks again ladies!!!

Tara

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*moo4-2 View Post
    Thanks ladies, I felt better getting it off my chest, lol. I know there's always someone who has it worse off, thanks for sharing your story!! I've felt that pain too!!

I would love to get my boys on the breast, but there is little to no support here, the lactation consultants I've seen at my hospital are rude and very un-helpful. My one son is tongue tied and my Dr won't fix it till he's a year, and my other little guy has never latched at all. I don't know if it's possible after so long. I have a deep freeze full of stored milk, my inital goal was to get to April, and have enough to get them to their birthday in August.

I'm going to order a new adapter tomorrow, as the one my dh found me, won't work for some reason. Thanks again ladies!!!

Tara
    Your post sounded more hopeful this time mama and I am so glad. The fact that you have pumped this long for twins is remarkable and I am happy to hear that you like to go the whole year! EPing is very very hard (the hardest of all the ways to feed baby IMO) and for twins? You are a for your babies. Awesome job! Keep coming back here for support Tara!
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    Your post sounded more hopeful this time mama and I am so glad. The fact that you have pumped this long for twins is remarkable and I am happy to hear that you like to go the whole year! EPing is very very hard (the hardest of all the ways to feed baby IMO) and for twins? You are a for your babies. Awesome job! Keep coming back here for support Tara!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Yeah we all have bad days and pumping isn't fun but you are doing such a beautiful thing for your babies. Do you have any LC's that aren't associated with the hospital? Our hospital LCs weren't very helpful but independent ones have helped us so greatly. I know not all areas have freestanding LCs, though. Hang in there, it's OK to cry and not be happy with how things are going, but in the end, keep doing what you know is right for your family. Take care.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

are you plugging them into teh same outlet? Perhaps there could be something wonky with the electricity.

Keep going mama! you are working so hard!

For the tongue tied little one...call a LLL leader in your area they should be able to tell you who does a good frenulectomy around you. My doc would have thought I was crazy if I said to do it so I went straight to my leader to get her opinion and then called the dentist the next day. He scheduled us for the following day. he was awesome and is very pro breastfeeding. Even watched us nurse after to make sure he was nursing better. He also wanted to watch before and did more than just say hold him and cut. We were there in the office for about 2 hours (not in the waiting room) Our LO had a deep tongue tie and tight upper frenulum (upper lip) that most docs/dentists would have missed. Def call the local leader.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton