Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: are medela pump parts compatible?

Default are medela pump parts compatible?

Just wondering. I have a Medela PISA and it works great, but I work at a hospital and they provide the Medela Symphony (hospital grade) in the lactation room. Would my tubing from the PISA fit on the symphony? Just curious if I would get better output with the symphony and would try it if my parts are interchangeable! Happy with my PISA though!
    Proud Mama of Madeline Jade 7/31/09 and Sydney Anna 6/04/12. Married to My sweetie since 2000.
    Sydney and like crazy while holding down a busy full time job!

Default Re: are medela pump parts compatible?

I was able to use parts from the Swing with parts from the Lactina, so it's a possibility. Give it a shot and see!
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.

I'm not sure about the Symphony, but I know that the tubing ends are different between the PISA and the Lactina. Did you get a manual pump kit when you were in the hospital? I got one and it includes the part that you have to use with the Lactina - and it had the tubing.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I have both a PISA and rented Symphony right now. Unfortunately, the tubing is different. The Symphony is like the Lactina with hard plastic pieces on both ends of the tubing. PISA the tubing goes directly on the pump. However, the hospital I rented the Symphony from sold tubing separately. Only $9.00 I think. All the other parts are interchangable. And...I love the Symphony. Might even consider the extra expense of continuing to rent monthly and just use my PISA for work and travel.
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !

I use the Symphony at work since it is provided for us in the lactation room (I love my employer). It is different tubing. I really wish all their parts were more standardized. I have a Freestyle now too and everything is different except for the bottles. I had to buy a bunch of new parts.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I cut off the ends of one side of the Symphony tubing from the hospital and used it with the Pump in Style. It fit beautifully!