Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over 20 gallons of frozen BM rancid :(

Default Re: Over 20 gallons of frozen BM rancid :(

You know, if you can get your LO to latch on and start feeding him straight from the tap in the evenings and on weekends then after a year you could stop pumping. Then he would get enough milk when you nursed.

Although I am saying this without knowing anything about his kidney problems though. But I know that after one many moms stop pumping and give their LOs water while they are at work and then just nurse when you will be together.

What a great stash you built up and I'm so sorry that you're finding you can't use it right now! I like the idea another pp gave you to mix it into smoothies when he's older.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Thanks for all of the support! We are working at doing more BFing and that is a great idea Jen to keep up the BFing after a year and drop the pump! He is already showing a little improvement in his BFing after 3 days of work so I am hopeful we can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*smiles View Post
    I am trying to donate it. None of the hospitals I called would take it. One lady from where I gave birth is trying to help me find a good home for my milk.
    to the links Buff posted. If you have a small amount milkshare is great for that. To donate to a milkbank you need a larger amount because of the expense for testing.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

To the OP, WOW. All I have is . I don't know why it is SOOOO HARD to toss BM. I have cried every time I have had to dump even an ounce.
    Courtney
    Ever 06.26.02
    Lyric 12.26.08 (Holy sheep! Nursing at 30 months and counting!)

Breastmilk is better than any udder milk! ~Author Unknown

oh, s.

Because of your son's condition, I know it would be wonderful if he could use it. Can you try mixing some in with fresh/scalded milk? Start out at 90good/10bad and keep increasing? 20 gallon's is so much milk! This way you could stretch your scalded stash.

Also, the breastflow bottle really helped with my son's latch.

That is such a shame! That is a lot of work, I'm sorry to hear what happened.

I'm new at this... but I was just wondering what caused the milk to go bad? How can you tell it went bad? What can be done to prevent this in the future?
    First baby Thanos Liam born on 12/20/2009... we are and since birth and still going strong!!