Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Oversupply symptoms not textbook?

Default Oversupply symptoms not textbook?

DS is 14 months. He poops once a week (sometimes longer) & it's usually dark yellow. He coughs/chokes at every feeding. He does not sleep well at night at all. It takes hours before he'll settle down. He is extremely gassy, & used to spit up a lot up until a few weeks ago.

I strongly suspect I have an OS issue, but we are not exhibiting the usual signs: green poo, leaking breasts, spraying after letdown. My letdown is painful, however, feels very, very strong, but I don't spray unless the areola is squeezed.

I do block feed, but it doesn't seem to be making a significant difference. Reclining does sometimes help.

Does my situation sound like oversupply? Or could this be an allergy, perhaps? I don't consume much dairy, particularly lately since I am trying to rule this out. I used to drink 1 cup of coffee in the early morning, but I gave this up, too, yesterday & still had problems last night.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Default Re: Oversupply symptoms not textbook?

Has reflux been ruled out? I don't know a lot about it, but maybe some of the other mammas could chime in.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

does he have other signs of allergies? this link might help

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVAugSep97p75.html

AndreafromOhio: Thanks, that link provided a very comprehensive list of symptoms for food allergies. Few of which DS meets. I'd be shocked if he had one, since nobody in my or my husband's family has them, nor does DS1. But I thought I should at least rule it out before exploring other explanations. That link makes me think it's probably not an allergy.

mammaof2: You know, reflux hasn't been ruled out, yet. He has a doc appt. on Monday, so I'm going to go over the list of symptoms (again) with her. He also has sinus issues/congestion, which I am understanding as a symptom of reflux, too.

He's pretty laid back during the day, however. Would this still gel with reflux?

when you talk with your doctor don't be suprized if you get a bunch of pressure to wean and a bunch of bad sleep advice. Alot of the times when toddlers are not sleeping all night they go in to the cio speech.
    You know your toddler best!

How's he doing with soild foods?

Thats another issue that the doctor might give you lots of pressure on!

With regard to the caffiene...you JUST cut it out the other day - but it was a daily thing until then? it may take a little while to exit your systems... if it's part of the issue.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.