Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cosleeping pumpers?

Default Re: Cosleeping pumpers?

We cosleep with our daughter and due to a long nursing strike I'm nearly an exclusive pumper.

We love cosleeping . . . it helps our daughter sleep more soundly and longer. I have to get up at 2 am when I pump, but as long as Daddy's in the bed she won't move a muscle. She likes to snack through the night (usually at 11:30 pm, 2:30 am, and 5:30 am she'll latch on and eat for about 5 minutes before going back to dreamyland).

I believe that cosleeping has been the only thing keeping my production up since dreamfeeding is the only time she'll nurse.

Of course I love just cuddling with her also. I sometimes deprive myself of sleep because I just lay there watching her sleep.
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.

Default Re: Cosleeping pumpers?

We co-sleep. I don't EP but I pump 8-11x day because of a nursing strike since September and poor milk removal since birth. She now nurses enough at night I don't pump at night (just quit last week!) but even before, I'd just wake up DH and he'd put his arm around her when I'd get up to pump at night. I love the snuggling and closeness even when we don't bf. I don't think she'd bf nearly as much as she does if we didn't co-sleep and co-nap. I can get her latched on when she's basically asleep and she doesn't need the bottle at all at night. I'd say go for it.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.