Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosleeping pumpers?

Default Cosleeping pumpers?

I am going to give cosleeping a try with my 5 month old, mainly just because I like the idea of it. I know why BF moms like it so much, but I'm wondering if any other exclusive pumpers out there cosleep as well and what you like about it? Is it worth doing or does it just keep you up more at night? thanks.

Default Re: Cosleeping pumpers?

Nobody?

I EPed but didn't cosleep. I believe that Hillary (nolies.mama) might have though. In our case DS slept in a pack n' play next to the bed until he was 3-4 months. We moved him to his crib once he STTN so that I wouldn't wake him up when I got up at 5am. If he did wake up DH did the nightime parenting since he's a SAHD. I do cosleep with DS2 but he is fed from the breast.

If you feel cosleeping would be good for your family give it a try.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Thanks!

I do! I love it. I sleep with my top up so she can curl up next to my breast and maybe start BF. I don't stay up all night with my baby girl, who is almost 7 weeks, we sleep longer and better. The only thing I worry about is when to move her out of our bed and for her to sleep in the crib, but other than that, get a bed rail so your LO won't roll off and everything should be fine.
    My little surprise born 2 December 2009 7 lbs 1 oz 20 inches.

Our goal is 1 year, but I'm willing to go 2!

Talking Re: Cosleeping pumpers?

Thanks for the reply! I love the idea of having her close, and I too am hoping I can lure her back to the breast this way. Glad to hear it is working for you

It is a great feeling curling up around that warm little body! I am and EPing mom and did sleep with my LO for a bit. The first couple months I slept holding him in my arms while laying in our comfy recliner. At some point we moved to sleeping in the guest room bed (We couldn't all fit in the family queen bed and actually sleep.) I think I slept with him from about 2-4.5 months since he would usually sleep longer that way. At 3 months when I went back to work fulltime, he was still not sleeping 4 hrs or more consistently. Right after that he did start stretching to 4-6 hrs as long as I was in bed with him. After 4 months, we did start trying the crib and he actually took to it okay, but not always. I would still sleep in the guest room close by in case he would not go back down. On tough nights like those, I would put him into bed with me and he would settle right down.

Now at 8.5 months, my LO is a good sleeper. Down at 8pm with no fuss and up around 6am. We do have to get up once or twice and pop his binkie back in the mouth, but he does not get up any more. Sometimes I kind of miss sleeping with him, but with work am grateful that I can get good rest most nights. The wiggly guy definitely hindered deep sleep. I grew up in a "family bed" and wish I could give him some of the great memories I had, but not being able to catch up on sleep during the day makes it tough!
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !

Thanks for your story. I am having letdown issues with pumping so am going to try to get the crib in my room asap and try night nursing. Glad to hear the cosleeping was a success for you.

The cuddling may help with supply and letdown issues too b/c your LO is so close. If your LO tries to nurse at some point in the future that is great too. If not, the milk is still getting to er tummy so all is good.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Yes! That is what I am hoping. Maybe if I can get her to latch on at night it will remind the old boob how to have a let down