Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Considering donating (milk bank running low)

Default Considering donating (milk bank running low)

newspaper article

The freezers are almost empty at a Denver milk bank that collects breast milk from mothers across the country and delivers it to sick and premature babies, a shortage attributed in part to a rough flu season.
    Three of four giant freezers at Mother's Milk Bank at Presbyterian St. Luke's hospital, one of only 10 milk banks in the country, are bare. The fourth has just four small grocery sacks of frozen milk.
    It's the lowest the supply has been in the bank's 25-year history, said Laraine Lockhart Borman, manager of the milk bank.
    donate milk to HMBNA
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Default Re: Considering donating (milk bank running low)

Can you donate if your baby is over a year old? I thought that you couldn't.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

You can't donate to HMBANA, but if it is something you are interested in you can try Milkshare.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Wow that's so sad. I have been thinking about donating some milk myself. My baby is only 3 weeks old and I've already put over 200oz in the deep freezer because I've been so engorged. Thank you for posting the HMBANA's site. I just checked their locations and apparently there's a location only a few minutes from my house.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi I'm Stella, mom to Owen (12/06) and Nathan (07/10) and wife to Dale
    Holy Batman! with another BOY due to arrive July 2011