Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oranges and Meat (great title)

Default Re: Oranges and Meat (great title)

we still haven't tried meat, but DS is only 6mos, and the baby food book i'm working from is anti-meat, so i'm not sure when to introduce them. i'm very pro-meat, so i will be looking for another source that deals with that.

citrus should not be introduced until 1yo, or later if your baby has other allergies. citrus is very allergenic, not to mention the acid can burn their bums, as PP noted. being allergic to citrus myself from a very young age, that is definitely one that we will avoid for a long while yet. as far as where i read it, my baby food book, Super Baby Foods, and also my baby book, Your Baby's First Year: Week by Week.
    Ham-Holder, SAHM to Elliott, 07/12/2009
    , , , and now cloth diapering
    loving it when baby to me!
    http://mommasdinner.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommaefvie View Post
    we still haven't tried meat, but DS is only 6mos, and the baby food book i'm working from is anti-meat, so i'm not sure when to introduce them.
    Our pedi suggested to introduce 'meats' at 7 m/o, but I'm pretty sure she also said just to introduce chicken and turkey, no meat just yet because of some bacteria I can't remember so we're holding of until her 9m/o check-up just to be safe. She also said that we'll talk about giving dd table food (whatever we eat) at 9m/o.
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

I have a babycook baby food maker that has meats listed as okay for 6 months and up. On other sites I have read that meat should be started around 8 months. Unfortunately, my wonderful babycook machine is collecting dust since I am a full time working mom and barely have time to pick up dinner let alone cook. So....I have been doing Earth's Best organic jars. My son's first trial was with a chicken & sweet potato mix at about 8 months. We have also tried one beef and one turkey. He loves everything except peas - go figure!
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !