Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: More nose wiping

Default More nose wiping

Aaron has been rubbing his nose on things for several months- but lately he does it a lot. Like when I'm putting him to sleep, he's always wiping his nose back and forth on my cheek or shirt (and making little snorty noises!). And when he's nursing lately, he'll take his hand and either lay it on his nose or kind of rub his nose with it. Could this be allergies? Or I thought it might be teething? Do I analyze my son too much?!

Default Re: More nose wiping

My Chloe does that too, and Ive noticed she'll do it until a boogie comes out. I dont know how she can feel it, other than the fact its harder for her to breathe. I asked her doctor about it and she said its nothing to worry about, but didnt say what the cause was (and she looked at me funny when I told her about the boogie!)

When KG is tired, she rubs her face on me or whatever's in front of her. Also, when she's nursing, she'll put her hand over her mouth like she's telling my boob a secret. It could just be his tired rub, maybe. And FWIW, I think we all tend to overanalyze our babes/mothering Just the nature of the beast!

BTW, i love that picture of Aaron. Too much!
    Last edited by @llli*evin; September 24th, 2006 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks- I guess it's just a thing he's doing. I wish I knew for sure! Aaron does that "telling my boob a secret" thing, too! And thanks for the compliment on Aaron's photo, I think he's pretty cute! I've seen your daughter's website and she's adorable!

I would also more or less categorize this as a sign of the baby being tired. The only time I’ve seen a lot of it was when my son was about to get a cold and probably had an itchy nose. When he’s tired, he’ll rub both eyes and nose most of the time.

Talking Re: More nose wiping

I just have to say that I love the "telling my boob a secret" line.