Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Help-I need breast pump advice!

Default Re: Please Help-I need breast pump advice!

I have the Medela PIS and it has been pretty reliable. I use it about 5x a day for the past 6 months and it is still going strong! And it just looks like a black shoulder bag, not obvious at all (all though I am proud of my pumping so I wouldn't care if it said "breastpump" in big bold letters!) Plus...great tip...my husband bought it for me BRAND NEW on ebay for $175!!!! Worth checking out. Good luck!
    Proud Mama of Madeline Jade 7/31/09 and Sydney Anna 6/04/12. Married to My sweetie since 2000.
    Sydney and like crazy while holding down a busy full time job!

I have been using a PISA for over 8 months and would highly reccommend it. It has gotten a work out since I have been exclusively pumping. I work full time and travel quite a bit too and the PISA has trucked right along with me.

I also used rented a Lactina and a Symphony as well. The Symphony is awesome, but obivously difficult to haul around. It works great for establishing supply (if needed as I did) or just pumping very efficiently at home.

I have switched between the PISA, Lactina, and Symphony without any issues. They feel a little different, but I think I get about the same amount of milk in a similar timeframe.
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !

I have been EPing for 6 months now for my surroguy. I have the Medela Freestyle...and I LOVE IT!! I am down to 5-6 pumps per day and still get around 30 ounces per day. (Go Me!!) It is spendy...but for the portability...it's totally worth it!!

I also like the hard shields so much better than the soft shields.

And like a PP said...check eBay...or perhaps Craigslist.

Good luck Mama!!
    -Andrea

EP for my surroguy since 7/16/2009