Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: spitting up frozen not fresh

Default spitting up frozen not fresh

Hi,
    My DS is 5 mo old and I have noticed something over the months. He is a happy spitter and spits up daily. He can spit up from just after a feeding to just before the next feeding. I have however noticed that he does not seem to spit up bottle fed expressed milk that have been frozen and thawed for him. Can freezing change any of the irritating properties that may be causing him to spit up?

I have tried from about 4 weeks old to watch my diet and how it affects his reflux/spitting up and have eliminated dairy, nuts and watch my intake of eggs now too. The days I pump my diet is exactly the same as the days I bf so I don't think it is an issue of the diet being different on those days I pump.

Does anyone have any input/suggestions.
    Mom to our all natural, home birthed (@ 42 weeks! ) DS 07/24/2009, 9lbs 6oz, 22 inches.

Wife to the of my life 8/5/2000

Happily and and planning to until he is done with us.

Also cloth diapering and it!

Default Re: spitting up frozen not fresh

The only thing I can think of is, maybe he's overeating when nursing directly? Feeding out of a bottle can be much more controlled and portions tracked. Just a suggestion, I'm not really sure. Good luck though!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Default Re: spitting up frozen not fresh

You can check for lipase. Look at the sticky at the top of the pumping forum.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months