Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: delay solids at 8 mos

Default delay solids at 8 mos

Hi LLLLadies!I'm starting to be a lot confused,maybe it's because I'm tired and have been nearly one month at IL's without an internet connection and..I've been missing your advices a lot!!!DS is going to be 8 mos next week.as we want to go the BLS way we've been waiting to introduce solids till now because DS doesn't sit up unassisted yet,or better he just started doing it a few days ago.
    so now it would be time to start.we occasionally had let him play with some banana or avocado but he didn't really ingest any of it,just played around.
    the problem is that in the last two months he has mucus in his poop.I've been waiting to see if it changed but he always has it.as his weight gain is a bit low compared to what kellymom says it should be,and he always has a red ring around the anus,I started to eliminate dairy from my diet this week.I know it takes 15 days or more for it to clear up from my system.should I delay solids until I don't find out if DS has a sensitivity to dairy?
    is it bad to delay solids this long?
    TIA!
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!

Default Re: delay solids at 8 mos

Definitely not bad to delay solids this long if it works for you LO Remember they say that they're for experimenting up until a year. I'm doing solids since my LO isn't gaining that well, but if your LO is doing fine I think there is no problem in delaying.
    Megan/Meg
    Married to James 1/3/09
    SAHM to Aiden Joseph 5/31/09
    PG with #2 EDD 10/3/10

My sister (who I think is very knowledgeable when it comes to these kinds of things) didn't start her 2nd son on solids until he was 8 months old. I think it's just fine.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

My second wasn't interested in them at all until he was like 9 months old. This third baby of mine goes in fits and spurts regarding his interest.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!