Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I'm thinking/hoping this is a 48 hour bug...

Default I'm thinking/hoping this is a 48 hour bug...

Normally when I get sick, it starts out as a head cold and then moves into my chest after 2 days or so... Then I get the dry cough thing going on for a few days and then it's gone. I'm usually sick for about 1 week total.

So far, I've been sick for just over 24 hours (I woke up this way yesterday morning at 8am). Yesterday was the head cold part, this morning I woke up with it in my chest and now the mucus is breaking up (and going down my throat, yuck!). I had the dry cough for half the day and it just turned into the mucus cough... I'm hoping this means that it's going away!!

I've been taking dayquil today but will start taking the zicam reditabs after midnight tonight. That's supposed to work in like 24 hours. I NEED to be better before Monday. Luckily, DH was able to call out of work for this weekend to stay home with DS so I can rest and get lots of sleep.

I'm off my dom and fenugreek for the moment because of the thoat pain and the lack of energy to pump. I did pump once this morning and am planning to pump again before bed. I'm going to *try* to pump tonight because I have to get up every 3 hours to take the Zicam anyway... And it takes about 10 min to disolve. If I set up and pump while it's disolving in my mouth, I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Heck, I might start the Zicam before midnight... I don't think it would interact with the dayquil I took 1 hour ago...

Wish me luck ladies... I hope to be better tomorrow or Monday morning... I don't want to be away from my dom/fenugreek/pumping for too too long...

Default Re: I'm thinking/hoping this is a 48 hour bug...

I went ahead and took the first dose of Zicam at 10:10pm... Another dose in 3 hours!

Default Re: I'm thinking/hoping this is a 48 hour bug...

3 doses total in... I hope this works! I do feel better, to be honest... Not 100% or anything so I'm hoping by mid to end of the day, I'll feel better... I hope, I hope, I hope! I'm going to TRY to get back into pumping today... I might just sleep all day, lol. This waking every 3 hour thing is tough!