Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: breast pumps

Default breast pumps

I am wanting to buy a breast pump instead of renting one this time does anyone have any advice on which pump is the best? I also want to ask others what they think of buying a used pump I am not sure what to do I have my 4th c-section in one week and still can not decide on what to do

Default Re: breast pumps

depends upon how often you need to use it (occasional, every day, working full time, part time, etc). Can you give any more information? If you're pumping every day I would say at least get a double electric one like pump in style advance.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danniebarnes View Post
    I am wanting to buy a breast pump instead of renting one this time does anyone have any advice on which pump is the best? I also want to ask others what they think of buying a used pump I am not sure what to do I have my 4th c-section in one week and still can not decide on what to do
    I think a breast pump is a personal thing.

I bought a Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump. But, this was when my son was 6 months old and I went back to work. Before that, I used Medela Swing Breast Pump (a friend lent me) because I wasn't pumping every day and I didn't need to pump in a specific time.

The Pump In Style works great for me at work, I can pump both breasts in 15 minutes and be back at work! A must since I work at 9-1-1.

Personally, I gravitate to Medela nursing products and Avent bottles/pacifiers.

I am at stay at home mom of three will be four only one is in school the pump is so my husband an stay up some night also so I dont think I will use it every day. I have a Dr Browns electric pump and just can get it to work for me I am not sure why but when i do pump I need something that will be fast and not take long

I have a Medela Swing pump and I use it once every morning. I did have a few problems with the motor, but after calling customer service at Medela, they sent a new one overnight. It was great.

I tried my sister-in-law's Ameda double breast pump, and I didn't think it got as much milk from me.

So, if you have time to spare, Medela swing. If not, I would get the Medela double breast pump. One thing about the motor...make sure you keep it on for a few minutes after pump to get rid of the condensation. Also, my insurance company reimbursed me $50....def. worth looking in to.
    Mommy to Jackson Cale
    May 30, 2009

Proudly my little love.