Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Jar Stages

Default Jar Stages

My LO is 5 months and we just started avocado. After 3 days of the avocado, we tried sweet potato. My LO LOVED it, ate it right up, but I think he had a bit of a reaction to it. So we stopped the potato and are going to talk to the ped about it next month, because my DH doesn't think it was a reaction. ANYWAY, this isn't what my question is even about.

...SO...I was wondering about jar foods and the different stages on them. Obviously, stage 1 is a beginner stage. So, what makes a stage 2 food stage 2? Is it the consistency of the food, or is it the kind of food it is? We got a jar of peaches and a jar of apples and blueberries (mixed) from my DH's sister because her son doesn't eat stage 2 anymore. Could I give my LO these or do I wait until he's actually 6 months?

I also want to say that we are still nursing on demand, solids most definitely are just "for fun" and experimentation right now!!

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

Default Re: Jar Stages

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lettakatherine View Post
    My LO is 5 months and we just started avocado. After 3 days of the avocado, we tried sweet potato. My LO LOVED it, ate it right up, but I think he had a bit of a reaction to it. So we stopped the potato and are going to talk to the ped about it next month, because my DH doesn't think it was a reaction. ANYWAY, this isn't what my question is even about.

...SO...I was wondering about jar foods and the different stages on them. Obviously, stage 1 is a beginner stage. So, what makes a stage 2 food stage 2? Is it the consistency of the food, or is it the kind of food it is? We got a jar of peaches and a jar of apples and blueberries (mixed) from my DH's sister because her son doesn't eat stage 2 anymore. Could I give my LO these or do I wait until he's actually 6 months?

I also want to say that we are still nursing on demand, solids most definitely are just "for fun" and experimentation right now!!
    As far as I understand, Stage 2 is not as pureed as Stage 1 and then I guess Stage 3 is even a thicker consistency and introducing meats and I have no idea what else. But, this is my guess. My 8 month old is eating Stage 2 and 1 still... I like Stage 1 because they're smaller jars and easier for taking around. I still BF on demand... And normally he will eat an entire jar and BF as well. He's 18 lbs and always hungry. LOL

That's what I thought it was. Thanks!

Hey! We are on the stage 2, but my LO is 7 mo. He did fine with them
    Megan/Meg
    Married to James 1/3/09
    SAHM to Aiden Joseph 5/31/09
    PG with #2 EDD 10/3/10

It's just the size and consistency of the food. DS is 8 months now and he prefers most of the stage 2 because they aren't as complex as the 3's--he doesn't like the mixed foods like Beef and carrots, chicken and apples, etc. If we get stage 3's they have to be one food alone.

Jenn

Married to my best friend - Feb '07
    Mommy to Gavin - May '09
    Mommy to Adrian - Jan '12
    with a surprise baby April '13

Being a SAHM is not for the faint of heart!

8May09: 7lbs 1.9oz
    12Jan12: 7lbs 8oz

Thanks! I actually gave him peaches (stage 2) yesterday and watered them down with some milk he wasn't so sure of them...and today I didn't water them down at all and at first he wasn't sure. Mostly the taste. But the thickness he did absolutely fine with. He actually wanted more once we were done with what I had made for him...I was a little shocked but chose to stop instead of giving him more. I made that mistake before...and ended up with sweet potato EVERYWHERE....if you know what I mean....he was still happy as could be, but wow. It was a lot more than I thought it was.