Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Will a weaned baby nurse again?

Question Will a weaned baby nurse again?

I found out I was PG again when my baby was 4 months old. I wanted to continue to nurse, but my milk supply was gone by the time he was 6 months old. Has anyone tried to get a weaned baby to nurse again after the birth of a 2nd baby? I want to know if it's possible to get a 1 yr old to nurse again even if he hasn't nursed in 6 months.

Default Re: Will a weaned baby nurse again?

It is definitely possible. There is a mama here who had the same experience as you and her older son did start nursing again. Hopefully she will chime in soon, but I just wanted to let you know it can be done.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Yes, I do think it can be done! My mom un-weaned my little sister after 3 months off (due to poor medical advice). Just start offering the breast, and do as much skin-to-skin cuddle time as possible. You never know what may happen.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yea! Thanks for the encouragement!