Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rice Bottle

Default Re: Rice Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zoeysmamma View Post
    I guess it's because they want to hold her and play with her longer when we visit. We live about 2 hours away so we don't see them much.
    I was wondering if it was something like that. Stick to your guns- just because you had a baby doesn't mean that the ILs are entitled to play mommy and daddy again. And let them know that in a few short months your baby will be able to go longer in between feedings, and feeding more quickly, so they will eventually get their chance to play pass-the-baby.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

You are lucky to be getting 4-6 hrs a night! My LO didn't do this consistently until 3-4 months. And....we were putting some rice cereal in his bottles. Per his ped. because he was having a rough time with reflux and spitting up. However, I would not have done the cereal in bottles thing otherwise - that is essentially substituting cereal for BM which ideally shouldn't happen until around 6 mo. Stick to what you feel is best for your baby!
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !

You're doing a great job with your LO. 4-6 hours is nice at night isn't it? DS has been doing the same with me for the past 2 months or so. Do what works for you and your LO!

A little more than a month ago, my MIL was over when DS was going through a growth spurt so he was eating very often. About an hour between feedings (from start of one to the start of another).

My MIL suggested I put some cereal in a bottle and feed it to him so it "fills him up" I told her that my pedi wanted us to EBF for minimum 6 months before introducing any solids. That shut her up

I said that rather than "I dont want to feed him cereal" because then she couldn't argue with me. She's a very "I did it this way, so you should do it this way too" type of person and I've learned over the years that its better to say someone with a high education said something rather than just my opinion.

And then 2 or 3 days later, he had an appt and gained 2 lbs 2 oz from his last visit. Obviously what I was doing was working quite well.

So I know what its like when you not only get bad advice, but bad advice from family.
    Darylann

Married to my best friend 7/09
    Mommy to my Water baby T 10/29/09

Loving and Cloth diapering T's

expecting a 8/15/2011