Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: block feeding and pumping??

Default block feeding and pumping??

I feed from one side at each feeding switching every feeding unless it has been less than an hour... I just started back to work today and I fed before I left on the right side then pumped at work on both sides, so when I get home do I feed on the side I missed or the side I did before I left? I got a lot more milk out of the side that was up for the next feeding. Or should I only pump the side that is due for the feeding. On a normal day I will feed before I leave pump once in the morning, go the the sitters and feed LO on my lunch break and pump on time in the afternoon and feed LO as soon as I get home.
    So I guess I am wondering if anyone has had to pump that does block feeding and if you did double pumping or one side?
    first time momma to Jax
    born 11-15-09 6 lbs 10 oz
    1 month 9 lbs 1 oz

... one month down many more to go

Default Re: block feeding and pumping??

With DD1 I only ever nursed her from one side and I double pumped 3x's a day while at work. If I nursed her on the left side before work then I'd nurse her starting with the right side after work.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

Default Re: block feeding and pumping??

Thats what I have been doing but he nurses a lot longer than normal and is ready to nurse again 30 min later... is this because I am gone part of the day, like a comfort thing??
    first time momma to Jax
    born 11-15-09 6 lbs 10 oz
    1 month 9 lbs 1 oz

... one month down many more to go