Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pump dripping

Default pump dripping

I have a medela freestyle pump. I usually pump into the medela bottles and then pour into lansinoh bags to freeze. I am planning to do so when I return to work in Jan. I find the straps hard to use and when I don't position the bottles well the milk will drip and wet my pants as I pump. Any one has suggestions on how to make the set up easy? I wonder if a breast pump bra would help. Thanks and happy new year!

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

Default Re: pump dripping

I didn't have that kind of pump( I had a PISA) but I did have a few times when I would move around, I would get drips. I would just make sure that you are firmly insde the pump opening and maybe put a papertowel or burp cloth on your lap.

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

Default Re: pump dripping

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*abluestar View Post
    I have a medela freestyle pump. I usually pump into the medela bottles and then pour into lansinoh bags to freeze. I am planning to do so when I return to work in Jan. I find the straps hard to use and when I don't position the bottles well the milk will drip and wet my pants as I pump. Any one has suggestions on how to make the set up easy? I wonder if a breast pump bra would help. Thanks and happy new year!
    I have a Medela double pump (don't remember if it's a freestyle or not). I think I know what you're talking about. I have noticed the dripping more when my nipples aren't positioned properly in the cup and they are hitting the sides of the cup. This is when I seem to have leaking problems out of the cup and onto my pants. Not sure if you've checked this or not? To prevent any leaking, I have to ensure that my nipples are perfectly in the center and don't rest against the sides at all.

Good luck!