Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question about Symphony and Battery Power

Default Question about Symphony and Battery Power

Ok, so I've been pumping for almost 5 months now with my rented Medela symphony and have been very happy with it. At the end of this month I will need to go on a business trip and I think it would be very helpful if I could have a battery pack to use since I think I'll be pumping in the bathroom at least a little. Not ideal, I know, but depending on how long travel time is I'll have to pump in an airport, but thankfully not on a plane.

Anyway, I though I could go online and buy some sort of battery pack for this thing, but it doesn't seem like it. Do you either have a model with batteries or one without? would something like this:

http://shop.nurturecenter.com/index...._detail&p=1176

work with a symphony or no?

help!
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    DD born - 5/12/09 5lbs 15oz, and now she's 27 lbs! weaned with love at 19 months.
    DS born - 10/12/11 8 lbs 1 oz, over 19 pounds now at 8.5 months and still nursing like a champ!
    I survived 3 solid months of a 10 food elimination diet and 22 months of a limited diet between my 2 children. I don't even remember what a peanut is.
    for 21 months!
    6 time conqueror of mastitis! (2 times without abx!)
    Have milk, will fly!

Thumbs up Re: Question about Symphony and Battery Power

I had a nice long answer all typed up and my internet froze on me before I could send it!

I think: if it's Medela, it's compatible! I think, go to the Medela website and call the customer help desk. I actually just looked and didn't find a charger for the symphony, but again, call the help desk!
    Last edited by @llli*wombatred26; January 5th, 2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: realized I had a typo
    Hi, I'm Cyndie. Married my , Tony.

Lydia--15 mo and still nursing

Brenden--6.5 yo bf for 6 months

Preston (SS)--13.5 yo

Brittany--12.5 yo bf for 6 weeks

"You are not a pacifier; you are a Mom. You are the sun, the moon, the earth, you are liquid love, you are warmth, you are security, you are comfort in the very deepest aspect of the meaning of comfort.... but you are not a pacifier!" -- Paula Yount

Default Re: Question about Symphony and Battery Power

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wombatred26 View Post
    I had a nice long answer all typed up and my internet froze on me before I could send it!

I think: if it's Medela, it's compatible! I think, go to the Medela website and call the customer help desk. I actually just looked and didn't find a charger for the symphony, but again, call the help desk!
    I called them and you either have one with battery or one without. Of course mine is in the second category. So I set about trying to track one down...

now, just to put this in context, its a 20 mile drive or something to the hospital where I've rented my pump. I called Medela and their automated service gave me a few numbers for places to rent pumps. I found a battery powered one at a walgreens of all places about 500 feet down the street. i'll just rent that one for the couple weeks I need it because it is more expensive, but here I was so worried about it and there's 6 in stock to be rented just a little down the street. crazy!
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    DD born - 5/12/09 5lbs 15oz, and now she's 27 lbs! weaned with love at 19 months.
    DS born - 10/12/11 8 lbs 1 oz, over 19 pounds now at 8.5 months and still nursing like a champ!
    I survived 3 solid months of a 10 food elimination diet and 22 months of a limited diet between my 2 children. I don't even remember what a peanut is.
    for 21 months!
    6 time conqueror of mastitis! (2 times without abx!)
    Have milk, will fly!