Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cleaning pump at work

Default Re: cleaning pump at work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mamaplainandtall View Post
    Check out my blog! I wrote all about pumping at work
    or you could just give advice by typing it here, this isnt a marketing tool for your blog
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Check out my blog! I wrote all about pumping at work
    Thanks! I've been looking for breastfeeding blogs!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    or you could just give advice by typing it here, this isnt a marketing tool for your blog
    Hey thats not very nice!
    I'm at work and since I already posted a LONG post that may help the original poster, I wanted to share it. Its not a marketing tactic, its just a blog about my experiences. If she's on the computer and wants to check it out, I just wanted to share.
    Exclusive , ,Christian mommy!
    Bloggin' Mommy

Smile Re: cleaning pump at work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*desertchildaz View Post
    Thanks! I've been looking for breastfeeding blogs!
    No problem--I hope it helps
    Bloggin' Mommy

No problem--I hope it helps
    I read it last night...it was very helpful. You had some info in there that I was not aware of...like the 1-3 let downs in one nursing session and how to operate the pump to stimulate those letdowns. I used to stop streaming and think I was done! Tried it like you said last night and what do you know!? Worked like a charm!

Thanks again. Sorry to hijack this thread. Wish there was a forum for posting links to everyone's blogs.

Red face Re: cleaning pump at work

I read it last night...it was very helpful. You had some info in there that I was not aware of...like the 1-3 let downs in one nursing session and how to operate the pump to stimulate those letdowns. I used to stop streaming and think I was done! Tried it like you said last night and what do you know!? Worked like a charm!

Thanks again. Sorry to hijack this thread. Wish there was a forum for posting links to everyone's blogs.
    No problem--I feel bad actually, it seems like I'm trying to promote my blog (as someone so lovingly told me today on this forum) but I really just want to share my experiences because I feel like I've had a rough breastfeeding/pumping journey and maybe someone (anyone?) could learn from any of it. I probably won't post any more "READ MY BLOG!" comments because I don't want to be obnoxious and give the wrong impression--I'm sorry everyone! :/

But yes it took me a LONG time to learn how to pump--its an art! :P I'm SO glad you got more when you did the let down phase again. I remember pumping and the flow would stop and I'd be like, "An OZ?! What the heck!!"

Thanks for reading and commenting!
    Bloggin' Mommy

Wish there was a forum for posting links to everyone's blogs.
    You can post links to your blogs in your signature and it's ok to refer to them in your post (as in, "I have more info about this in my blog if you're interested"). But it's advisable to also post some advice in the actual forum for those mamas who don't follow links for whatever reason and also to avoid the appearance of spamming. I post links to sites like kellymom frequently, but I generally try to condense the applicable advice within the post as well.

In Jenna's defense, you did post "go see my blog" in like 4 different threads in the space of about 20 minutes and given your low post count I assumed you were spamming hit and run style as well. I totally get now that you are just super passionate about it, most of us are around here, but you can imagine the mess it would create if we had a bunch of mamas in here not posting advice and only posting links to their blogs or ads for nursing products on their etsy sites or whatever.

No harm done, mama. Just try to include a little bit of advice in your posts in the future.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Smile Re: cleaning pump at work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    You can post links to your blogs in your signature and it's ok to refer to them in your post (as in, "I have more info about this in my blog if you're interested"). But it's advisable to also post some advice in the actual forum for those mamas who don't follow links for whatever reason and also to avoid the appearance of spamming. I post links to sites like kellymom frequently, but I generally try to condense the applicable advice within the post as well.

In Jenna's defense, you did post "go see my blog" in like 4 different threads in the space of about 20 minutes and given your low post count I assumed you were spamming hit and run style as well. I totally get now that you are just super passionate about it, most of us are around here, but you can imagine the mess it would create if we had a bunch of mamas in here not posting advice and only posting links to their blogs or ads for nursing products on their etsy sites or whatever.

No harm done, mama. Just try to include a little bit of advice in your posts in the future.
    I will definitely take your advice! I really appreciate it Will NOT happen again.
    Bloggin' Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post

thanks Paige, and to mamaplainandtall, I replied to your PM with my thoughts, I am actually trying to help this community weed out people who try to spam us, lead to fisher sites, etc and as Paige said based on those factors we really have no way of knowing your intent. If your advice is genuine then we welcome your input
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    thanks Paige, and to mamaplainandtall, I replied to your PM with my thoughts, I am actually trying to help this community weed out people who try to spam us, lead to fisher sites, etc and as Paige said based on those factors we really have no way of knowing your intent. If your advice is genuine then we welcome your input

Glad we figured that out
    It really was just a matter of me thinking "Oh, I just wrote about that--instead of typing it all out again or copy/pasting it all, I'll just post my link!" It was totally innocent. But I totally understand now--thanks for setting me straight!
    Bloggin' Mommy