Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: cleaning pump at work

Default Re: cleaning pump at work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*desertchildaz View Post
    Wish there was a forum for posting links to everyone's blogs.
    You can post links to your blogs in your signature and it's ok to refer to them in your post (as in, "I have more info about this in my blog if you're interested"). But it's advisable to also post some advice in the actual forum for those mamas who don't follow links for whatever reason and also to avoid the appearance of spamming. I post links to sites like kellymom frequently, but I generally try to condense the applicable advice within the post as well.

In Jenna's defense, you did post "go see my blog" in like 4 different threads in the space of about 20 minutes and given your low post count I assumed you were spamming hit and run style as well. I totally get now that you are just super passionate about it, most of us are around here, but you can imagine the mess it would create if we had a bunch of mamas in here not posting advice and only posting links to their blogs or ads for nursing products on their etsy sites or whatever.

No harm done, mama. Just try to include a little bit of advice in your posts in the future.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Smile Re: cleaning pump at work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    You can post links to your blogs in your signature and it's ok to refer to them in your post (as in, "I have more info about this in my blog if you're interested"). But it's advisable to also post some advice in the actual forum for those mamas who don't follow links for whatever reason and also to avoid the appearance of spamming. I post links to sites like kellymom frequently, but I generally try to condense the applicable advice within the post as well.

In Jenna's defense, you did post "go see my blog" in like 4 different threads in the space of about 20 minutes and given your low post count I assumed you were spamming hit and run style as well. I totally get now that you are just super passionate about it, most of us are around here, but you can imagine the mess it would create if we had a bunch of mamas in here not posting advice and only posting links to their blogs or ads for nursing products on their etsy sites or whatever.

No harm done, mama. Just try to include a little bit of advice in your posts in the future.
    I will definitely take your advice! I really appreciate it Will NOT happen again.
    Exclusive , ,Christian mommy!
    Bloggin' Mommy

thanks Paige, and to mamaplainandtall, I replied to your PM with my thoughts, I am actually trying to help this community weed out people who try to spam us, lead to fisher sites, etc and as Paige said based on those factors we really have no way of knowing your intent. If your advice is genuine then we welcome your input
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    thanks Paige, and to mamaplainandtall, I replied to your PM with my thoughts, I am actually trying to help this community weed out people who try to spam us, lead to fisher sites, etc and as Paige said based on those factors we really have no way of knowing your intent. If your advice is genuine then we welcome your input

Glad we figured that out
    It really was just a matter of me thinking "Oh, I just wrote about that--instead of typing it all out again or copy/pasting it all, I'll just post my link!" It was totally innocent. But I totally understand now--thanks for setting me straight!
    Exclusive , ,Christian mommy!
    Bloggin' Mommy

Good to know. I will have to check out everyone's signatures. Just wish there was a one-stop location where I could go to see a full list of people's breastfeeding/parenting/mothering blogs and navigate to all the blogs from that location/thread. (It would be so much easier if there was a search feature on sites like www.blogger.com so I could just enter "breastfeeding" and all the breastfeeding blogs would be listed. But there is no such feature on that site. )

As long as a blogger is not trying to sell something, it doesn't seem like there should be any conflict in sharing their blog here, but I can see how posting those links could lead to fishers posting links and people going to them thinking they are blogs.

We're all here to support each other and share useful tips and I have found some great blogs that have helped me enormously with my home life...from recipes, to home organization, to - now - breastfeeding. I look forward to reading those that have posted their blog links in their signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*desertchildaz View Post
    Good to know. I will have to check out everyone's signatures. Just wish there was a one-stop location where I could go to see a full list of people's breastfeeding/parenting/mothering blogs and navigate to all the blogs from that location/thread. (It would be so much easier if there was a search feature on sites like www.blogger.com so I could just enter "breastfeeding" and all the breastfeeding blogs would be listed. But there is no such feature on that site. )

As long as a blogger is not trying to sell something, it doesn't seem like there should be any conflict in sharing their blog here, but I can see how posting those links could lead to fishers posting links and people going to them thinking they are blogs.

We're all here to support each other and share useful tips and I have found some great blogs that have helped me enormously with my home life...from recipes, to home organization, to - now - breastfeeding. I look forward to reading those that have posted their blog links in their signatures.
    There is a thread where people have posted about their blogs HERE in the "commonalities" section of the forum.

Unfortunately, we've seen in the past a pattern with spammers that have a low post count and most or all of their posts are just a link to their website.

Yes - it's great to have experiences / info to share that are on another resource like a blog. But we're just encouraging people to become more active participants in this community as well.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    [URL="http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=94962"]Yes - it's great to have experiences / info to share that are on another resource like a blog. But we're just encouraging people to become more active participants in this community as well.
    Understood.

Good Lord, where have I been? I didn't even know there was a chit-chat forum... I must have totally overlooked it! Thanks. I'm going to go chit - or maybe I'll chat...