Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nursing out of boredom

Default Re: Nursing out of boredom

My DD#2 is the same way! Maybe she is teething, too! She's only 5 months and 6 days, though. BUT, she, by far, prefers Momma. She screams if she knows I'm home and not holding her. If Daddy picks her up, forget it, the end of the world is coming unless Momma comes and gets her .right.now.My DH calls me three to four times a day freaking out because she refuses to eat for him. She eats all.night.long and only when I'm home to feed her!!!
    Hi, I'm Cyndie. Married my , Tony.

Lydia--15 mo and still nursing

Brenden--6.5 yo bf for 6 months

Preston (SS)--13.5 yo

Brittany--12.5 yo bf for 6 weeks

"You are not a pacifier; you are a Mom. You are the sun, the moon, the earth, you are liquid love, you are warmth, you are security, you are comfort in the very deepest aspect of the meaning of comfort.... but you are not a pacifier!" -- Paula Yount

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amy.marie View Post
    Its enough to make me look forward to work tomorrow. At least there no one touches me
    How bout hot cop?

Beth, I hear you on the switching sides. Lucy is also a nipple pincher, and so I have her latched on one side, and pinching the heck out of the other side.

Thankfully she is somewhat of a daddy's girl, but that only lasts for so long. We actually resorted to the Wiggles yesterday for a 10 minute sanity break.

We've been trying teething tablets, which help a bit. She won't take any motrin or tylenol either, or she pukes.

We even got a tempurpedic mattress topper in hopes that would help too. No go.

Heres hoping the newyear brings some new teeth for all of us!!!
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Boxes of puzzles saved me for a while yesterday - until clean up time.

E pinches nipples or digs in my belly button if I cover my nipple.

So E slept a little better last night. She nursed nonstop but didn't cry out and fidget at much. She has an eye tooth bulging and soon to break the surface I think. Seriously though - molar and canines at the same time?! She better be super duper happy when they all break through.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Boxes of puzzles saved me for a while yesterday - until clean up time.

E pinches nipples or digs in my belly button if I cover my nipple.

So E slept a little better last night. She nursed nonstop but didn't cry out and fidget at much. She has an eye tooth bulging and soon to break the surface I think. Seriously though - molar and canines at the same time?! She better be super duper happy when they all break through.
    Daniel cut all of his at the same time too.

Anyone else dealing with the diaper rash from teething? My poor baby girl screams NOOOO every time its time to change her poopy dipe. Shes naked most of the day to let her bum heal.
    Lyn

Yes diaper rash just popped up in the last few days. Doing lots of naked time. She's also very poopy which doesn't help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Yes diaper rash just popped up in the last few days. Doing lots of naked time. She's also very poopy which doesn't help matters.
    I hear ya. I guess thats what happens when you get breastmilk as the majority of your food.
    Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    I hear ya. I guess thats what happens when you get breastmilk as the majority of your food.

you know DD2 went on a major nursing strike when she cut teeth and weaned cold turkey, never to be persuaded back. It was traumatic. I would much be where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    Anyone else dealing with the diaper rash from teething? My poor baby girl screams NOOOO every time its time to change her poopy dipe. Shes naked most of the day to let her bum heal.
    Wait wait wait - diaper rash from teething? Really?! OMG that explains so much! We've thought for the last two days that Tori has been teething (at 3 days shy of 5 months old) because she's been super fussy and chewing on everything in sight. She's also had a diaper rash for the last 3 days when her diaper rash previously disappeared with a little Desitin!

Did the diaper rash she's having confirm that the poor little girl is getting her first teeth?
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.