Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nursing out of boredom

Default Nursing out of boredom

When does this start? Are we there?

E is nursing every two minutes lately. Today she is sitting in my lap, unzipping my hoodie and lifting my tshirt. She's nursing so much I'm constantly leaking.

When did your LOs start nursing out of boredom?

Default Re: Nursing out of boredom

Could be, but could also be teething, growth spurt.

L did that a few days ago, and yesterday, I discovered the first of the dreaded molars trying to come up

If she's easily distracted, could be boredom. If not, coupled with whiny behavior, I would suspect something else.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Could be, but could also be teething, growth spurt.

L did that a few days ago, and yesterday, I discovered the first of the dreaded molars trying to come up

If she's easily distracted, could be boredom. If not, coupled with whiny behavior, I would suspect something else.
    She is whiny, crabby, won't sleep AT ALL, and just cut her first molar. Maybe it isn't boredom. She's not really very distractible. Even out in public lately she is sticking her hands down my shirt a lot.

I'm finally really worn down. I need a few minutes to myself to just groom or study math. I have literally NO time. DH is totally immersed in end of year work too. I guess just need to .

The nursing itself is actually not a problem.

That does not sound like boredom to me.

I totally get you. I am fed to the teeth with L. Grateful to be at work right now, where nobody is gonna be tugging on my clothes (well, unless some dog acts up -- if there were any here for me to see).

Anybody you could pay to watch the baby for an hour or two?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

She screams if anyone but DH or DD1 watches her and DD1 and DD2 are at their dad's this week, which is probably contributing to my angst. I HATE not having them and my routine. I had visions of getting things done with only one child to look after and it's a disaster.

Ok pity party over.

I'm feeling touched out right now. Evan is just pulling at me and always seems connected to my boob! I feel like your avatar!

I hope you get some time to yourself soon!!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

We're there too. Lucy doesn't eat much in the way of solid food. She nurses ALL THE TIME. She has cut her top two molars and it looks like the bottom two are coming through along with the eye teeth. She is waking every 20-30 minutes at night screaming.

At least we're all in this together.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Oh Mamas I'm here too. Roxie is only eating bites of solid food and relying on me for the rest!. She nursed at least 12 times today. Molars are coming, I can feel 2 for sure, but OMG, the constant whining, fussing, crying. She won't even go to DH 80% of the time now, it has to be ME. So much for getting a break while DH is off work this week

Hang in there LLLadies!
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

I am so glad to I am not alone! Jess, E won't go to DH most of the time now either.

When she finally took a nap it was draped across my chest attached to a boob and she woke crying a few times but wouldn't switch positions.

Lyn, she wakes up at night just like Lucy. It would be fine if I could pop a boob in and go back to sleep. But no. We have to switch sides over and over.

At least you guys understand it's not the nursing that's the problem so much as the general neediness/crabbiness. Thanks for being there!

So this is where my people are hanging out!
    I'll see your teething, clingy, whiney baby and raise you one rough and tumble, no nap, still nursing almost 3 year old.

I don't think I've gone an hour without one or both attatched to my boobs today. Its enough to make me look forward to work tomorrow. At least there no one touches me

Here's hoping tomorrow is better for us all

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies