Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nursing my 2.5 y.o. son

Default Re: Nursing my 2.5 y.o. son

Welcome!

Sorry you are having to deal with such negative views on your nursing toddler.

I am currently nursing my 2 yo son and nursed my first son till he was over 3 and a half years old. You are doing the best and greatest thing for your LO.

If I were you I would print out and highlight the info that sixyearplan linked you -- that is the AAP's findings on extended nursing not being harmful psychologically -- and submit it to your attorney and your CFI. I'm sure that actual researched and scientific facts will be more effective than your XH's crazy opinions!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Default Re: Nursing my 2.5 y.o. son

I am sorry you are going through this experience. I am thrilled at all of the great supportive posts!! I am currently nursing a 4.8 year old and a 24 month old. Extended nursing is a blessing. You are doing a wonderful job by letting your child self wean.

One of the pp made a great suggestion about providing your attorney with information concerning extended nursing. I am not sure where you live but there might be female lawyers in your area who actually are a part of LLL or have extended nursed themselves. I would recommend that you contact your local LLL Leader for some possible referrals. I am happy to offer any help if you want to pm me for more information.

Hang in there!!
    Alene
    LLL Leader