Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Refrigerated milk left out

Default Refrigerated milk left out

We are trying to make a night time bottle easier on my husband. Can we leave refrigerated milk on the counter for a few hours? We are thinking it might be quicker if we leave a little out on the counter between feedings.

I know there are schedules of how long milk is good for. None are specific to expressed milk refrigerated then left out.

Thank you

Any suggestions on a middle of the night feeding made easier would be great. My LO is not very patient for food(:

Default Re: Refrigerated milk left out

this is a good table
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkstorage.html

as you mention is doesnt state the duration of refrigerated milk at room temp, but I think it would be fine for a few hours since it's good at room temp for way longer.

Wouldn't it be easier to nurse at night?

Thanks for the response. My husband likes to let me sleep a little at night. He will usually do one feeding on his own and I get to snooze. Then I pump after the next feeding. My little one still needs to eat every 2-3 hours.

I take a bottle of expressed milk out after a feeding at night and it sits there waiting to be used for 2 to 3 hours and there is nothing wrong with it. You should be fine doing that.

I read some place milk was good up to 10 hours left out at room temp., but I wouldn't give that to a baby.
    My little surprise born 2 December 2009 7 lbs 1 oz 20 inches.

Our goal is 1 year, but I'm willing to go 2!