Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping while traveling

Default Pumping while traveling

I have a 3 day trip planned and will have to pump and bring milk back with me. Will I mess up my supply, pumping only? Also any suggestions for traveling with breast milk and no baby?

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

Default Re: Pumping while traveling

Are you flying or driving? The FAA has regulations on traveling with breastmilk, so you may want to check their site.

When my DD was 4 months, I was away from her for 3 nights, pumping the whole time. I had access to a freezer where I was, so milk storage wasn't an issue. And to bring it home, I used one of those small lunch coolers filled with ice. I dont remember there being a drop in supply or any problems nursing once I got back.

I did the same thing when my DD was 9 months and when I returned, we went through a 16 hour nursing strike.

HTH!

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks, laydeedancer! I am flying and I have e-mailed the TSA since their website is very vague on the amount of breast milk you can carry. Anxiously awaiting their reply!

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

No problem!

You might be able to get some info from the airline you're flying. The TSA and FAA have their hands full right now...

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut