Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Doc told me to pump and dump... Gave me a decongestion... Questions about supply??

Default Doc told me to pump and dump... Gave me a decongestion... Questions about supply??

The drug is Entex PSE. It's a decongestant.

Should I stop taking my domperidone while taking this drug and then start it back up when I'm done?

The doctor told me not to breastfeed (which is fine as DS won't latch anyway) while taking it but to pump and dump during the 10 day course. I'm fine with pumping and dumping but the domperidone is so expensive that I'm not sure I should use it while taking a med that could very well dry my supply up some... Thoughts? I'm going to continue to pump as much as I can (I feel horrible!)...

Thoughts are appreciated!

TIA!

Default Re: Doc told me to pump and dump... Gave me a decongestion... Questions about supply??

i'd reccomend talking with your doc about it. see what they say, but if it were me i would probably save the dom. sorry i am not much help. i hope you feel better. huggs

Default Re: Doc told me to pump and dump... Gave me a decongestion... Questions about supply?

I'm still going to pump, just dump it instead. I'm not worried about that part... I'm worried about getting supply back up.

THe pharmacist told me not to BF while taking it as well. Just forgot to mention that!

My main concern is getting better... Breastmilk or not, DS needs me to be healthy for him... kwim?

Default Re: Doc told me to pump and dump... Gave me a decongestion... Questions about supply?

I'm sure there are things I could take in place of this but the doc gave me 3 options... To not take meds at all, pump and dump or not breastfeed/pump at all... Pumping and dumping seems like th ebest option... It's only for 10 days, thank god!

Default Re: Doc told me to pump and dump... Gave me a decongestion... Questions about supply??

Just wanted to give you a few links from Dr Hales website about the drug you metioned.. hoepfully it may help you...

Main forum
    http://neonatal.ama.ttuhsc.edu/cgi-b...s&access=guest

Regarding Entex
    http://66.230.33.248/discus/messages/44/315.html

Just to repeat to understand; your doc is saying theres no other treatment for you than the Entex?

GL!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

He didn't say that but everything he did say has the PSEUDOEPHEDRINE so it would decrease my supply...

I think my supply will come back fine once I'm off the meds and back on my dom and herbs. I mean, I came back from being completely dried up, I can bounce back after 10 days, right? Plus, I'm still planning to pump...

Well, I do have ziacam here I could take... the reditabs, not the spray.

I was planning to take the meds only until I felt better, then I Was going to stop...

Should I maybe just take the ziacam instead? I haven't started anything yet...