Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Decreased milk since last week

Default Decreased milk since last week

Hi all,

Ive' pumping at work for about a month now. I nurse my 3 month old son before we leave home in the morning and when i get back home. He usualy has two bottles during the time i am gone. While at work I pump twice. I am home 3 days out of seven and on those 3 days he exclusivly nursed. Today during my first pumoping session i noticed that i only expressed about 3 and half ounce s total when i usualy express 5 and half ounces. what is going on? Oh yeah, it was morning too, when milk supply issupposeto be most abundant.

What could it be?

Default Re: Decreased milk since last week

Hi there. That sounds similar to my schedule when pumping. Did he nurse more last night? Or do you think you could be dehydrated? I know it's frustrating when you're watching the milk and thinking about how much you need for tomorrow, but try not to stress about it.

Can you add in another pumping session today at work?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Dehydration, WOW! That is so possible. Im not a "drinker" I usuly have to force myself to drink. I know with nursing you are suppose to drink more than you normaly do to keep hydrated. Been realy thirsty at night latley...he sometimes nurses twice, often once at night. He is technically "sleeping through the night" Im usualy engorged by the morning.

I could squeeze in another session.
    Thanks for the insight.

Drink some water!! Maybe if you tie drinking water at work to certain times, you can get some more in you. You need fluid to make fluid...
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months