Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to supplement or not?

Default Re: to supplement or not?

I would not offer formula if she is eating high quality natural foods for her solid foods. Why offer a highly processed food (formula) if you don't have too?

The biting makes me wonder if she is teething and having a tough time with whatever tooth is trying to come in.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

I would also add that two friends of mine were breastfeeding. Both used formula to supplement and both babies refused the breast at around 6 months and they had to resort to full time formula in the end. Both were devastated and one still talks about how it offends her every time she offers a bottle. I think formula could be the end of the nursing relationship and agree with pps suggestions to help you through this phase which I am sure it is. My lo goes through times when food is of little interest and breast milk is high on the agenda and then the other way round - although she is still fortunately quite a guzzler.

I really feel for you

I am Sarah, mum to Daisy 21/02/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*daisysmum View Post
    I would also add that two friends of mine were breastfeeding. Both used formula to supplement and both babies refused the breast at around 6 months and they had to resort to full time formula in the end.
    I think that would be highly unlikely in an 11 mo old.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

oops 'baby brain' alert here...! Thought I read that your lo was 7 month old.

Still, lots of and as I have no more to offer than that.

I am Sarah, mum to Daisy 21/02/09