Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Losing the bond

Default Re: Losing the bond

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Thanks ladies.

Erin, we still don't know all of his allergies or more accurately we don't know what all he reacts to. As far as foods go he has tested positive to dairy, eggs, peanuts, some tree nuts, garlic, chicken, pork, some legumes (so we avoid almost all including soy), and wheat (he's also tested negative so we've trialed it twice but are still avoiding). We also avoid all the more common allergens like fish and shellfish, strawberries, peas and some random things like peaches and cherries because they are closely related to almonds, which he's tested highly positive for. Basically we have to go really slowly with trialing foods and we can't always tell whether he's reacted or not because his skin is almost always broken out so unless there is a super big reaction we can't be totally sure. So he's still on a pretty limited diet and still gets the majority of his nutrition from elemental formula.

I do think he is outgrowing some of his reactivity, whether that means he's outgrowing some allergies or whether his body is just able to deal with things better now I'm not sure, but the end result is that he is feeling better so that's a positive. He's also gaining weight really well and catching back up with his growth curve. He was up to 10%ile at his last visit, which was a pretty huge deal for us. He's been on a zinc supplement for several months and that has made a really big difference in his growth and the condition of his skin.
    Gosh, I can't even imagine.... You are such a good mama!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

You are a great mama Paige.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    You are a great mama Paige.
    You're doing a fantastic job! He's lucky to have you.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Reading all this makes it so clear how lucky Davis is to have you for a mama, don't know that he would have gotten all the dedication and advocacy from anyone else
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Just read your original post for the first time. You're such an amazing and strong mama. D is lucky to have you!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ethans-mommy View Post
    Just read your original post for the first time. You're such an amazing and strong mama. D is lucky to have you!