Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How long to regain weight?

Default Re: How long to regain weight?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommyoflance View Post
    Lisa, you're doing great. It sounds like a tough situation and you're doing your best.
    Once you get him healthy and he has a little bit more energy, he'll boost your supply. I KNOW its hard with 2...believe me Do what you can, supplement(with BM first of course) if you have to, but you also NEED to REST. Part of building up a supply is letting your body rest.

I remember feeling like total and complete #### after my PPH...the blood loss really drains the life out of you(no pun intended). Give yourself time to heal, and get Colby healthy.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of! Many people here have used formula to get going after rough starts The most important is having a healthy baby and happy mommy!!!

Is your mom still there? Anyone who can help with Logan and house stuff so you don't need to worry about all that stuff?
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post

Absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of! Many people here have used formula to get going after rough starts The most important is having a healthy baby and happy mommy!!!

Is your mom still there? Anyone who can help with Logan and house stuff so you don't need to worry about all that stuff?
    Yep my mom is here for another few days. We seem to be limping by today attempting to breastfeed and following through with pumped milk. He still has a great latch just doesn't really have any motivation to suck yet. Wets have improved dramatically- you know I can't believe we went almost a whole day without any wet diapers. That is so scary!

He had his first bath too, loved it!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    Yep my mom is here for another few days. We seem to be limping by today attempting to breastfeed and following through with pumped milk. He still has a great latch just doesn't really have any motivation to suck yet. Wets have improved dramatically- you know I can't believe we went almost a whole day without any wet diapers. That is so scary!

He had his first bath too, loved it!
    YAY! Glad to see that things are looking up. Hour by hour. Shiloh was SEVERELY jaundiced...like his levels were near 20 and he was hospitalized under the lights...so I can tell you, once he gets all of that junk out of his system, he will have so much more energy. Shiloh was SOOOO difficult to get to eat those first few weeks.

Good luck and thanks for getting us updated. Shiloh and I prayed for you guys last night and will continue to do so. You are doing a great job!
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sentimental.geek View Post
    You have nothing to be ashamed about, mama. You're doing what you need to do to get that little baby healthy. No shame in that! I hope things start looking up for you and the little guy soon.

No shame in doing what you're doing, I know I would do whatever it takes to get my baby well too!!! Keep us posted on you and Colby.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Is Logan still nursing? He might help boost your supply if you can get him to nurse. I have also not read the thread in its entirety, but are you nursing him naked? Keeping him stimulated and awake? I'm not doubting what you're doing, just offering suggestions. Ds was jaundiced and sleepy (not too bad) and dd was REALLY sleepy at first and it took quite a bit of effort to keep her awake long enough to nurse. Anyway...pm me or lmk if there is anything else I can do. I have a BAB here if you want me to reference it.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    My IBCLC told me my milk came in but not a full supply since my baby isn't nursing great. She said it could go either way,

Is it warm enough to take him outside to nurse - during the day???? Many moms I've talked to say this works SOOO well for them...

Also - know some babies perk right up when 'stimulated' and some 'withdraw'. Colby might be one that needs more noise or less noise... You're working so hard to find a good solution.

As far as weight gain goes. what was he at birth? we're you on lots of IV's? What's his weight pattern been??

Are you drinking enough?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number4 View Post
    Is it warm enough to take him outside to nurse - during the day???? Many moms I've talked to say this works SOOO well for them...

Also - know some babies perk right up when 'stimulated' and some 'withdraw'. Colby might be one that needs more noise or less noise... You're working so hard to find a good solution.

As far as weight gain goes. what was he at birth? we're you on lots of IV's? What's his weight pattern been??

Are you drinking enough?
    He was 7 lbs 4 oz but that was with 12 hours of IV fluids. Last time we went to the pedi he was 6 lbs 1 oz. I think he's gained a little bit back though, I take him in Monday for weight recheck.

It's too cold to take him outside to nurse.

He just sleeps no matter what the stimulation so far. Last night was the first time he opened his eyes, it was 4 AM and he had nursed and had a bottle.. and perked up. We sat and looked at Christmas tree lights, it was awesome.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09