Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby sounds like he has mucus in chest "rattly sounding"when lying down after feeding

Default baby sounds like he has mucus in chest "rattly sounding"when lying down after feeding

baby sounds like he has mucus in chest when lying down after feeding, especially if he sleeps for a couple hours. it is not in his nose, but sounds like it's in his chest. it doesn't really seem to bother him, he just sounds "rattly" does anyone else have a LO that experiences this? it seems like DS #1 had something like this, but it's been too long for me to say for sure, lol. could this be a food allergy? or is this normal for most babes?

LO is 3 weeks old.

Default Re: baby sounds like he has mucus in chest "rattly sounding"when lying down after fee

My LO is 4 months and he still has that issue. I think it's just milk/spit up that's stuck. He had it going on at his last 2 check ups, and the Dr. and nurse didn't say anything...which made me forget to even ask about it.

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

Default Re: baby sounds like he has mucus in chest "rattly sounding"when lying down after fee

when did your LO start having this? around the same time as mine?

He actually started having it around 2 weeks...when my milk came in.

does your LO have any food allergies or reflux issues? i read something that said both of these can cause excess mucus, and now i'm wondering if this is what my LO has..... either or both... my first son had a milk protein allergy, but not this exact symptom, or at least not this bad

I have OALD. No allergies. No reflux...at least that we know of.

my son had this rattling sound and he expelled the mucus via the poop.
    but he was happy weight was good and with no other symptoms I don't think you have to worry.
    how long he's been having this?
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!

i know i have oald and way too much milk, that was a problem last time when i i pumped exclusively and now again when BF #2. i didn't see anything about mucus sounds in the chest/throat though in the OALD links. how are those 2 related?

this has been going on for about 4 days, getting worse each night. it's mainly at night, during the day not so much. i called the ped and he said it sounds like a virus/bronchiolis. we are going in a few days so he wants us to wait. i'm not so convinced it's a virus.......