Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where we are...

Default Where we are...

Well I thought DD was going to be done nursing right around a year as my supply had tanked and because of daycare, we didn't nurse that often.

I was WRONG. She's OBSESSED with nursing If I sit in the recliner or even pick her up she is in my shirt...every.single.time. If I don't have the time to nurse her, I don't even pick her up, I make DH hold her. I mean, she went BALLISTIC when I told her "not now" when she tried to get in my shirt.

She spent Thurs-Sun with my mom out of town and even my mom said that she was adamant about getting in her shirt

So....we're definitely still nursing here...a lot. At least 5x/day....more if I let her
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Default Re: Where we are...

What did your mom do when she would try to nurse? So funny!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

lol she knows what she wants, that is for sure!
    Sounds great though

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Did you pump over the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    What did your mom do when she would try to nurse? So funny!
    She redirected her. Mom said she was fine with it. My mom also has a small hemangioma right between her boobs, and both of my kids have always been fascinated with it...so that might have been part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Did you pump over the weekend?
    I actually managed to escape pumping. DH did his good, husbandly duty, and I took a small dose of domperidone for the 3days before, during, and I've weaned back off as of tomorrow.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

We are still nursing a TON here, and my DD is 15 months.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    I actually managed to escape pumping. DH did his good, husbandly duty, and I took a small dose of domperidone for the 3days before, during, and I've weaned back off as of tomorrow.
    I almost asked if your DH did his husbandly duty!

Yay!!!
    -Andrea

EP for my surroguy since 7/16/2009

yay! thats great she sounds like N.

ever since he has started nursing again he is obsessed. I cant pick him up without him pulling down my shirt.

its been a blessing though. yay for nursing toddlers
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.