Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What is "normal" poop when LO starts solids?

Default What is "normal" poop when LO starts solids?

My dd's poop has been "pastey", dough-like (sorry about TMI) and dark ever since she started solids (from jar). What ever happened to yellow-seedy poop?
    How did your LO's look when they first started solids?
    What is their poop "supposed" to look like when they start solids?
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Default Re: What is "normal" poop when LO starts solids?

Well doughy sounds like a good word to me. I don't give jarred food to my kids, I just puree a 'cleaner' version of what we eat<and we eat very healthy> less spices and the like. As I have an intimate relationship with the poop- cleaning cloth diapers- sometimes it is mush, and sometimes it "shudder" peels right off! Just like a grown up- it matters what you eat.
    Have you tried blueberries yet?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*merriam View Post
    Have you tried blueberries yet?
    Nope! Is that something to look forward to? Give me a warning. Before I'd only use 3 wipies max., and now it's more like 6!
    All of a sudden dd's "gas" and poop started smelling...well, like something that shouldn't be coming out of an infant. DH got home from work the other day, and I asked him if he could pick her (in the same room with her poopy diaper which was on "display" ) because I had to "wash my hands really quick" (which I didn't) so that he could get close enough to see and smell what I've had to endure He was gagging, in shock and said he could smell it when he walked in the door but didn't know what it was
    I told him it smelled like skunk and eggs!!!
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Oh my. Blueberry poop. I started a thread a while back about the wonders of blueberry poop. Look it up if you want a laugh. It changes the color of poop and you will find skins. And they have a ton of fiber. Okra poop is another thing altogether.

Doughy is good for solids poop. As long as it's not little pebbles.

should have known better than to click this thread while eating palak paneer.

ANYWAY -- the poop sounds normal. the poop is obv gonna change from mustardy/seedy once you start putting different foods in him. certain foods make some babies gassier than others (like sweet potatoes for dd), so the foulness could just mean it's something giving him gas. doesn't sound like any reason for concern IMO.
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling