Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wow.. SUCH AN INCREASE!

Default Wow.. SUCH AN INCREASE!

Yesterday, pumping got me 1 1/4 oz... and that was only 3 pumpings! I had a rough day yesterday and didn't pump much...

DH told me today that my sweat smells sweeter so I'm hoping that means the fenugreek is working. Oh and I started to leak again. Yesterday when I hadn't pumped in about 5 hours, I leaked while I was out. And then this morning when I got up and went to the bathroom, I was leaking. Not much but hey, that's a sign, right???

If only DS would latch! Oh well, I can and WILL get this supply up by pumping only (maybe with a little help from DH, lol!)

Oh and is it a good sign that I feel achy and full an hour after I pumped?

It took me 4 days (from 9/18) but I have 3 1/2 oz of breastmilk to give DS today! That doesn't include todays pumping (which I got 1/4 oz, btw). That's enough to give him a real good taste of it! He's had 1 1/2 oz at a time before but never HALF a feeding! That's awesome! I almost want to wait until I have more to give it to him but I'm sick too and I want him to get the antibodies ASAP so that maybe I can keep him from getting it or at least, getting it bad.

Just wanted to update that the Dom and Fenugreek (I jsut started the fenugreek 2 days ago though) are working great! I highly recommend Dom to ANYONE!

I hope all is well with everyone else! Lots of hugs to you all!

Default Re: Wow.. SUCH AN INCREASE!

Wow, Felicia!!! That is so awesome...I'm very excited for you and Caleb!!!

I was wondering what you had been trying before the Dom...did you try the fenugreek by itself or no?

I have more milk plus, and more milk special, and fenugreek and blessed thistle...but after 2 days of working so hard, and not seeing any change, I always give up...so i know I haven't given them a fair shake...ya know? But am hoping the Dom will give such a boost, it will keep me going.

In the begining (and still secretly) I wanted to bf Gianna exclusivly, but now I will be happy if i can just get enough bm in her to help loosen her bowels...that formula really does a number on her it would be nice if at night we could exclusivly bf so we could both sleep better.

But you're doing so awesome...you give me hope!!!

Melissa

I did try fenugreek by itself before but like you, I could never stick it out long enough to see a result.

The day I started the fenugreek, I got 1/8 oz. It went up to 1/4 oz the next day, 1/2 oz the next, 1 oz the next day, 1 1/8 oz the day before yesterday and 1 1/4 oz yesterday. I'm hoping to get up to 1 1/2 oz today! DH is off so I am trying to pump well today... I woke up this morning with a cold so we'll see how it works out...

I'm glad to inspire you!!

Are you still interested in getting some dom with me? I am hoping to order soon so please let me know!

Felicia, that's awesome! Keep up the pumping, girl.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

oops... The day I started the Dom I had gotten 1/8 oz... My bad! I've only been on the fenugreek for a few days.

I'm not going to have the extra money until Oct. 4th and then will probably take 4 days to get to you by mail after that...so if you need to order before then please go ahead, I understand.

Melissa

If I can have your honest word and if you really plan to follow through on it, I can order it in anticipation of recieving your payment. Just PM me and let me know how much you want... Mmkay?