Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help me out

Default help me out

i am mother of twins they are 3 months old. i have been always supplementing them with formula since birth and pumping as they had latching issues.

I dont have time to put them on breast as i am working full time as i started working i stopped pumping and now i want to start pumping again. it has been a month since i stopped and now i dont feel heavy, i dont feel like i have milk. when i pump i hardly get one ounce.

is it possible to get the supply back again? has anyone got milk back again. I would be happy atleast if i get enough to feed them once a day .

thanks

Default Re: help me out

When relactating, getting drops is a GREAT start. Since you are getting much more than drops, part of an ounce you are in a GREAT place to start. Have you tried power pumping? On for ten minutes, off for ten minutes for an hour or so? Pump often, the more stimulation you get, the quicker your breasts will get the idea. Also, hand expression is helpful. Some women get better results from hand expression than a pump. What kind of pump do you have? How old is it?

i have rented a pump from hospital medla symphoney but i want to buy one. can u also recomend one pump because renting every month is expensive also i am nto able to use it more often.
    thanks for motivating me. i will try to pump as much as i can the problme is i am working full time so i want to buy a pump which i can use in work also but i am trying to nurse/pump as much as at night..

am i doin the right thing?? any suggesstions would help

thanks

I don't know what pump is best aside from hospital grade. I can't remember. I am sure someone can chime in here for that. There are herbs you may be able to take fenugreek, i think and some others. Drink lots of water and eating oatmeal helps too. Yes, you are doing the right thing. How often do you pump at work? Do you have a long drive? Some people pump while driving.

fortunately i work very close by 12 miles i go home to pump in the afternoon thats like 4 hr gap from morning and i have to start pumping once i go back home in evenings too.since i have the hospital grade pump i cant bring to work.i got close to 2 ounce today i was so happy i need to pump more.

wow how can someone pump while driving. i have to hold the nipple shield the whole 30-40 mins of pumping. is it possible to pump without holding???????????????

i will start taking oatmeals and fenugreek...thanks a ton for your reply.....