Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Strange Poo Help

Default Strange Poo Help

I am doing baby led solids with my DS who is 8.5months. He has solids only couple times a week - veggies or fruit, we introduced when he was developmentally ready. He has recently cut a few teeth and i've gone back to work too at the same time. He had his first cold after starting creche and recently has had explosive green poo and his ezcema seems worse as scratching more- am confused as he hardly has solids - i pump so he has EBM when am work and i nurse when at home. over the last 5 weeks he has only gained 7ounces. I am not too worried as he has been teething plus reverse cycling a little as well as being more active and unwell. however health visitor has frightened other half saying his weight gain in this time is concerning ( is 19pound 11oz).

need advice re green poo and some reassurance re weight gain

Default Re: Strange Poo Help

#1 Is this the first time he's received pumped milk?

#2 He's 19 lbs 8 oz at 8.5 mo... doesn't seem poor weight... granted their weight gain overall history is important - their weight gain slows down as they get older... especailly if they're more active than they used to be... you can read more here -

additionally in accordance with the info given on this page - he is gaining just "under" what would be expected. Unless this becomes a continual trend *I* wouldn't worry at this point. This page might offer something else useful

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

its the first time he has received ebm for more than one feed.

His weight sounds great! Olivia is 10 mos today and is 16.5#, lol, she finally doubled her birthweight at 9 mos. You want baby to gain at least an oz a week at this age. W/ the exception of my oldest, my kids are petite so I don't expect huge weight gain from them. We started solids at 8 mos and 2 mos have 4 safe foods. She is very allergic and reacted to the other 4 solids we have tried.
    Jennifer, child passenger safety technician and mama to,
    AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), and Olivia (2/12/09)