Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Possible overnight trip...

Default Possible overnight trip...

Hi Ladies,

I may go out of town for four days when Lilah is 16 months old for work. I haven't decided yet and am nervous about it because I don't want her to wean. It is almost three months away, so I'm not sure what the nights will be like then, but right now it is basically an all night nurse fest.

Any experience with this? I'm also worried about what will happen with her and her father at night without me. I know they will survive but I do all the night time parenting, so it scares me to think about not being here...
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Default Re: Possible overnight trip...

IMO 16months is very young for you to be gone for 4days. I'd pass. If it was two......maybe. I wouldn't have done it then but I would encourage you to try. As weekend trips sfter the year point don't usually mean weaning if the dyad isn't ready. But 4 seems like an awful long time for anyone that small to be away from their mother or baby. DJ is almost 4 and I am pretty sure I'd come out of my skin if I tried to be away from him for that long. I'd say no. Now. So they start making other arrangements.

Way too lazy for formula

I agree if you can get out of the trip try too...

Could you take baby with you with a helper?

Thanks ladies. This is what I'm thinking too. There is a possibility that I can fly out for one day only and fly back late at night. But the whole conference is 4 days long. I have been very vague with my boss about if I am going or not...

I thought about taking Lilah with me, but I don't have anyone to bring and I wouldn't want to try a babysitting service or something like that - it seems like it would be very scary for her. At the least it would be scary for me.

I think I will tell them that the most I am willing to go is the day that I would have to present.
    Tracie

Mommy to

Another possibility would be to go solo for one or two nights, and then have dh fly out with Lilah so you can nurse her at night. then he'd only have to take 2 days off work

I wouldn't do it. That's a long stretch. I like pp solutions suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*shannon75 View Post
    Another possibility would be to go solo for one or two nights, and then have dh fly out with Lilah so you can nurse her at night. then he'd only have to take 2 days off work
    I don't think he would do it. But I could ask him... I think he is afraid to be alone with her all day long. Four hours is the longest he has been with her by himself.

I think I will agree to go just for the day I present and if they don't like that, then I'll have to start working on other options.

I don't think I could sleep without her anyway.
    Tracie

Mommy to