Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pump recommendation?

Default Re: Pump recommendation?

Thanks ladies, I'll check with my insurance and shop around. I've seen like the first years brand and a few others but obviously never had any experience with them. My cousin loaned me an OLD medela when I had X and it worked great until it finally died, then I used the milk bank pump but like I said I think it's on its way out too.

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

I love my Medela Swing. It's a single electric with the 2 phase expression. Nice and effective, easy to use, and cheaper than a double which it sounds like you won't need if you're only going to be pumping casually.

http://www.amazon.com/Medela-67050-S...0350066&sr=8-1
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010

Oh yeah, my friend let me borrow her Playtex pump when I was visiting home (my pump has UK plugs and wouldn't have worked with plug adapters at home) and it seemed decent. I didn't like it as much as my Medela but there were no problems with it that I could see.

It's a double and substantially cheaper than some of the other brands. If you were going back to work or were going to be pumping a lot I'd recommend getting one of the super duper pumps, but this one would work just fine for casual pumping. She used it for work when she couldn't bring her boys with her and it does the trick for her.

http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Nursin...0350150&sr=1-3

MTA: Funny, I just read the reviews for it on Amazon and they don't sound too great, but I didn't run into any of those problems with it and my friend loves it. Just shows that what works for one person may not work for another.
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010

Oops. I didn't see this thread before. I posted almost the same one. I'm thinking of getting the Medela Harmony or the Medela Deluxe single (the babiesrus reviews are horrible on this one though). I'm glad to hear that someone likes the Harmony.

Don't vet the cheaper first years and evenflo and those types. They are horrible!!! I was given one of them -- evenflo iirc -- ans it was totally ineffective, and I have an easy letdown, and itmade me super sore. Go with something a little more expensive if you feel you really need a pump.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!