Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need your opinion

Default need your opinion

now i dont want to start a debate or anything so be nice ladies. i was just wondering... i know that this may disgust some of you and i apologize... but i was wondering if i were to try to breastfeed a ff baby (who has been weaned of a bottle a few months ago) if that would be imorale. she is a foster child which is why i was wondering. i am trying to build supply for my son (3m) but having issues with him latching. i just bought a sns and am going to try it out but do you think i could get her to stimulate or do you think this would scar her for life? tia i donteven think i am going to try this by the way its just a question. thanks again.

Default Re: need your opinion

I would think that would be against the foster family rules?
    are you pumping for the baby? Have you talked to your local lll leader?
    She could help!

I don't mean this to sound snotty or rude or anything, I just couldn't come up with another way to ask...

How would another bottle fed baby help stimulate supply? Just wondering since DS is bottle fed and won't latch...

I'm sorry if that sounds bad or something. I jsut wasn't sure how else to ask...

it didnt sound bad i guess i was just thinking that since she is old i could tell her what to do. she loves to do what you tell her to. i have told her to suck on my finger and it worked so i thought that maybe telling her to suck would work. i know it sounds kinda... well really strange. i decided against actually doing this but i still wonder if it would work.

Okay, that makes sense and that's what I figured you meant... I agree with andrea though that it is probably against foster family rules.

But def call you local LLL Leader. She may be able to help with the reluctant nurser you have on your hands!

Good luck!

This is probably not the best solution for a variety of reasons. Two of the biggest reasons that come to mind are: 1) The foster care system has stringent rules on how children can be fed. 2) An older child will be unlikely to latch, or latch correctly.

If you're looking to increase your milk production, removing milk more frequently through breastfeeding or pumping/hand expressing is the best route to go.